In ear headphones $150 or less

I have been reading reviews left and right and they just don’t seem to jive with the real world amazon reviews.
Is a nice pair of in ear headphones just a unicorn?  Should I buy cheap and get over the ear headphones for the same money?  If so I still need nice in ear for sports activities and would like a recommendation. 

portlandlay
Your math is weak, kalali! 999>150

Greg- my pleasure. Rbh is a consistently under the radar speaker company that makes very solid gear, and their earbud/iem were no disappointment.
I purchased Etymotic hf5 IEM's ($129) to use streaming Tidal or Radio Paradise from my cell phone at the gym.

They sound great, block out almost all noise, and don't fall out, portlandlay.

They take some getting used to, but now I find them a pleasure to use. It's important to insert them correctly to get the full benefit.
Thanks Ncarv and spankedmonkey.  I saw the Klipsch at my local hifi ($200) and I will listen to them.  I will also check out the Etymotics
I vastly prefer to listen to a pair of speakers because of the stereo field and the 3 dimensionality it projects in front of you, but when i can't, i am ok with my open-back sennheiser 598 ($130), and in-ear focal sphere ($85).  
I have had a lot of in-ear, shure 215, 115, senn cx-3, klipsh 4, jbl 22, cheap jvc, and others forgotten.... my favorite is the focal because of how comfortable it is, how it does isolate, and how it does articulate without any extremes. And i had it for under $100.  Great for the office.