Agoners: Need Advice! Have 3K to spend on an Amp, what do I do with no way to audition?

Looking for a solid State Amp, something that will go for 30 years or more (My Last Amp), so I don't need high maintenance, with at least 200 WPC @ 8 ohm load.  SO many to choose from...I've narrowed my choices down to several brands, due to the consistency of great reviews; Krell, Pass Labs, Audio Research, McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Classe.  Now looking serious at a couple by Krell or Pass.  I love most types of music, classical, jazz, rock, punk, electronica, metal, but not Rap & Country.  I love great detail in my music, fast and bold but rich and  warm, played soft or loud with a big soundstage, love bass slam and crisp highs, too much midrange hurts my ears. Which amp does it all???  Wife has me limited to this, you know how that is :(...Please help me out here folks...I've been in this dilemma for a few years, it's time to make a decision and buy! 
128x128cohicks4
John, plinius  are very reliable, I have mine the. Original sa100, I choose between the pass lab too, they are both excellent amp, I choose the Plinius I think because of the tube sound and speed, either one can't go wrong..
<Krell dealer disclaimer>
At $3k you could grab a KAV-2250 and have money left over or possible even an EV2250e if you found a crazy deal.  They have Krell control, Krell bass, load of detail, separation, transparency, soundstage, musicality, realness, etc.  Good luck on your search.  :-)

<Krell-Pass owner disclaimer>

Have owned  KAV-2250  and FPB line. For $3k I would take Pass X series any day over the Krell.
As others have mentioned, my vote would be for a 2nd hand McCormack DNA500. There is one FS on Canuck Audio Mart at the moment asking $3kUS ($4kCAD), but if you keep an eye on USA Audio Mart they come up FS fairly regularly - http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649325741-mccormack-dna500/
We all accept Your option but the McCormack (maybe new) is not in the same realm as Pass Labs (maybe old) ...