Agoners: Need Advice! Have 3K to spend on an Amp, what do I do with no way to audition?

Looking for a solid State Amp, something that will go for 30 years or more (My Last Amp), so I don't need high maintenance, with at least 200 WPC @ 8 ohm load.  SO many to choose from...I've narrowed my choices down to several brands, due to the consistency of great reviews; Krell, Pass Labs, Audio Research, McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Classe.  Now looking serious at a couple by Krell or Pass.  I love most types of music, classical, jazz, rock, punk, electronica, metal, but not Rap & Country.  I love great detail in my music, fast and bold but rich and  warm, played soft or loud with a big soundstage, love bass slam and crisp highs, too much midrange hurts my ears. Which amp does it all???  Wife has me limited to this, you know how that is :(...Please help me out here folks...I've been in this dilemma for a few years, it's time to make a decision and buy! 
128x128cohicks4
I find it difficult to try one amp at a time and then move on to another and then go by memory of the sonics of the first one.
Totally agree, phd.This led to the Claylamack playoff in my system.   Without a direct comparison, it would have been very difficult for me to reliably choose which of the three fine amplifiers I enjoyed the most.
I agree with the side by side comparison gentlemen, I have two in mind for this s right now, and fortunately, both companies offer 30 day trials!   Thanks!
John, plinius  are very reliable, I have mine the. Original sa100, I choose between the pass lab too, they are both excellent amp, I choose the Plinius I think because of the tube sound and speed, either one can't go wrong..
<Krell dealer disclaimer>
At $3k you could grab a KAV-2250 and have money left over or possible even an EV2250e if you found a crazy deal.  They have Krell control, Krell bass, load of detail, separation, transparency, soundstage, musicality, realness, etc.  Good luck on your search.  :-)

<Krell-Pass owner disclaimer>

Have owned  KAV-2250  and FPB line. For $3k I would take Pass X series any day over the Krell.