Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
In my experience, the Black fuses are not so much inherently directional as they are initially directional. 

In this regard, I'm interested in anyone's opinion on the matter, but only those with actual in-depth listening experience. 

Despite the caveat above, I'm sure that our favorite thread lurkers will have a cow over this observation. So it goes....
Did you mean crow?

Never heard the "cow" comment before, but I'm an Australian and we say to "crow over", ie. to boast, gloat over something.

I have three blacks and I just put them in, listen, then reverse and select the way which sounds the best(I have heard a difference in some cases).

I did the same for the two beeswax and the 6 x Hi Fi Tuning Fuses(which have a directional arrow).
After Geofkkait chimed in I decided to call Alfred and ended up speaking with his lovely wife Betty who confirmed after a 5 minute hold, she needed to look it up on SR literature, that the SR 20's are indeed directional with the the "0" end being inserted into the fuse holder. She also said the Blacks are less so and try it and see it which way sounds better to you. I know, wishy washy. But experience with these fuses bear it out.  I also found this but may be may be nothing new to you old hands,

In my experience nearly all fuses are directional including SR Quantum Fuses. I recommend you try them in one component at at time and experiment with directionality. You should immediately notice a preference for one direction or the other. If a component has more than one fuse use a DVM (Digital Volt Meter) to determine direction of current in the circuit. Once you know the direction of current in each fuse holder place all fuses in like direction paying attention to have the letters on the SR Quantum Fuses all in the same direction either reading in the direction of signal flow, or against. Next switch direction and the correct match to your component should be readily apparent. There are just too many variables for me to make a blanket recommendation for all components when such a simple and definitive test is available.
As to having to take a reviewers word for it (or not,) regarding which fuse to try / buy you have the option to audition SR Quantum Fuses for 30 days in your system with a full refund of the cost of the fuse should you elect to go a different way. Our 30-day no risk audition policy takes the guess work out of trying SR Quantum Fuses and is offered because I am certain we make the best sounding fuses in the world.
Yours in music,
Ted Denney III
Lead Designer, Synergistic Research Inc.

Sorry to chime in again. The fuses should be evaluated one at a time. Trying to evaluate all fuses in the same direction according to the lettering, then reversing all of them at the same time is not effective, at least not unless the fuse directionality is predetermined at the factory. It’s like trying to solve three simultaneous equations in five unknowns. Since SR is correct that all fuses are directional if only 50% are in the right direction the overall sound will still be less than ideal, I.e., when all fuses are in the correct direction, which is different from saying the lettering of fuses always goes in the same direction for best sound. Repeat the entire process, one fuse at a time, you know, just in case you were unsure of the direction of one or more fuses the first time around. At the risk of alienating anyone I will repeat for the umpty umpth time fuses are directional because wire is directional.