Planar speaker placement

Hi again. I just came across this, being new to the hobby, but would like to put it forth for those few who might not know it yet, and to get feedback from those that do and have experience with it. It being hk/limage theory speaker placement. I tried this with my Maggies and, holy cow. What a difference it made in my room! The speakers disapear from the room and the soundstage is amazing. The speakers are brought out about 40%of the room size from the wall, instead of the usual 2-4 ft, set very close to the sidewall, amd tweeters on inside. I'm sure the regulars here have heard about it, and would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your time.
128x128droleg
Cardiffkook, i would love to share but i have no frequency charts or analyzer to quantify overblown or lacking areas.  I believe it was the planar asylum forum where i came across this several weeks ago,  and have been experimenting with ppacement. But, for some reason, i do non seem to be getting a pronounced holes or overliness of frequencies in my room. Maybe the shape of my room, room tx, or my aging, not so acute hearing. Room is carpeted, w/2 rows of theater seating, 26x16. Walls are 6ft fertical, then slope in some , then horizontal ceiling at 10 ft tall. Speakers 9 ft from fw  and seating position 9ft back from plane of spkrs.  Not quite the 40% off front wall, but so far, seems to have best effect, but still moving them around and auditioning different arrangements.
Previously I had a large planer speaker and I found out exactly as the originator of the question himself experienced.  Even today with Martin/Logan SL-3 speakers I get much the same results.  Anyway in both examples I have eperienced, much, much of the actual spacial experience comes from behind the speskers themself.  Even more so if one listens quite close to the speakers themself.  The closer one gets also all the many problems associated with room reflections themself dissaper.  Thus the additional benefit of not requiring so many of the room treatment products avaliable today.  And they can get quite expensive themself.  Again, with planer speakers, the more you move them close to you, it is so much easier to become one with the music itself.  More like being there.  More real.
Again, with planer speakers, the more you move them close to you, it is so much easier to become one with the music itself.  More like being there.  More real.
Nearfield with big panels is IMHO more like listening to big headphones or like sitting within the orchestra... which is a very unusual seat :)
@alanholvey 
That's an interesting perspective but goes against what most planar manufacturers suggest and how they choose to demo their products. For example, Sound Lab suggests ideally sitting >=12ft. away from the speakers.
Since your MLs have dynamic woofer, they will behave differently. Cheers,
Spencer