How much gain is needed in a Phono Preamp for a 0.2 to 0.3mv low output moving coil?

I have been out of audio for 25 years and am now getting back into getting a system. I have looked at Manley Chinook, Ear 834p, and Audio research 5, 6, 7 Phono preamps, after reading thru many or post on Audiogon. All have about 57db gain to 60 bd gain. I have been looking at getting either a Dynavector 10x5, Benz micro Silver, Ortofon Quintet Black, or a used Benz Ruby Z (if I can find the money). Is 57db enough gain for the cartridges. I would also welcome feedback on the Phono Preamp. I am leaning toward the ARC PH7 or Manley. Either would be around the same price. I would prefer to stay with tubes. The turntable is a VPI Prime. Any help or opinion would be greatly appreciated.
128x128juke4u
I use a Dynavector XX2 MKII (.28 mv) with the ARC PH-7 (57.5 dB). My line pre is the ARC REF 3 (11.6 dB balanced) and the amp is an Ayre V5xe (26 dB). Noise and gain are not an issue. When the volume control gets past 50 (out of 104) my Vandersteen 3A Sigs (87dB) are at party. Normal levels for me are 25 -45. Even though the DV works well, no complaints, I can’t help but wonder if could work better with more gain. I would recommend carts from .4 to .6 mv. There are outstanding carts in that range.
I bid on a Pass XP 15 but did not bid high enough. Is anyone familiar with the Pass Xono?  How would you compare the Xono to the EAR 864P? I have read what I could find. Can the output on the ear be adjusted or is it set?
Juke,

probably least expensive way to find out what correct loading and gainwill mean to you is to buy or borrow an ifi 2 Phono stage. Plenty of load settings and 72db gain not to mention sound that will embarrass many Phono pres in the sub $3k. Don't buy or borrow the original ifi which won't get you the gain you need. In fact, buy one on amoney back deal from Music Direct. I don't think you will send it back. Yes, there is a meaningful interplay between load and gain.
I run my benz ebony lp-s on the graham phantom II and TW acustic raven 1 into the steelhead's mm input, 60db gain setting, joule la 300, music reference rm 10, quintessence stealth, and it provides plenty of gain.  Sounds good too! 
i went with the RCM sensor II which worked well with my ZYX Universe II lomc. I had been using the ZYX artisan as my Phono preamp, but it just did not have enough gain(it is fixed). Mehran suggested (similar to another person on this thread) the stepup by ZYX and the RCM for me to tryout. After using both, i preferred the RCM.