Harbeth sound with high wife acceptance factor?

I fell in love today with the Harbeth C7s.

Unfortunately, my wife did not.

She doesn't like speakers on stands, she doesn't like big speakers. But she did like the sound ;-)

Any suggestions for a small floorstander with Harbeth sound and better looks? We listened to the Dali Mentor 6 - the looks were great, the sounds was good, but it was just not as musical as the Harbeth.

Budget is around $3,000 - any suggestions?
ctkeene
That girls don't like the Harbeth look simply isn't true. Both my girlfriend and her friends like the look of my two Harbeths, the small "cute" P3ESR and the bigger 30.1. They do not look like cheap plastic stuff that most people have in their homes, it's real craftmanship, timeless and classic. The sound is very good too, soft and natural.
Post removed 
First thoughts are to get any decent speaker and trow a rug over them - that will dull down the sound to resemble Harbeth.
Dont know the value over your way - would recommend a dual cone Tannoy Stirling perhaps?
In my experiences gloss piano white speakers were the most accepted by the female persuasion. But I guess luckily mine never gives me a hard time no matter what stacks up in the living room.

I might be ok with going without for a while if it meant Harbeth sound. From time to time Harbeth's get accused of being ugly, I dont share those sentiments at all.   
So Dasha, do you remember the amp and source used with the Harbeths you listened to that brought you to your conclusion about their sound?