Yamaha GT 2000 Turntable

Hello there ! Looking for any Yamaha GT 2000 owners / ex owners out there to share their experience and opinions regarding this turntable ..
blz_tone
Dear @lewm : Look I'm not saying that the DP-80 or the JVC are not good TTs/performers because both are very good but as everything in audio exist different quality performance levels on TTs too.

Now, the real subject here is if those differences on quality performance level are " night and day ".

All those TT models we are talking here are excelent ( I include here the Denon DP-75 and maybe there are other good ones. ) and maybe when we test it in exactly the same conditions those differences on quality performance be at minimum and this is because the performance of the DP-80/75 or the JVC are really good, is almost at the top of the quality performance ladder but when we are talking of so high quality levels that try to achieve or pass to the next level does not means " huge differences " but minimal and with a very high price for it. specs with this top TTs

What really means specs with these top TTs? is it because those specs differences the differences on quality performance?
maybe not because I know for sure that I can't detect between w&f  differences on specs: 0.015% and 0.01% or between 80 db on s/n against 85 db. or higher.
At this quality performance levels those specs means " extreme " quality attention in the  design, selected parts and design execution. Example: in all top performers against the other excelent TTs even coming from the same manufacturer the TT platter is different and this sole change make per se differences.

For many many years I used only DD units from: Pionner, Denon and Technics. I was unaware of the BD experience but when I started in the " high end " DD units were forbidden on this market niche: no one talked about and the " real " high end must stay with BD TT units and my ignorance level about made that I start to buy BD TT ( big mistake ) but that ignorance from my part made that I been really exited for the " new " experience and looking for that massive BD TTs as Micro Seiki and many other that even today the people with money still are buying non-sense huge massive BD TT with out knowing that that massive designs just goes against quality performance levels: not even a kg. of pure gold is as expensive as 1 kg. of steel on those massive BD TT and I said this because that's exactly what the massive TTs buyers are buying not top quality performance.

I still own my Technics and Denons along BD ones.

Today I'm not any more at the TT hunting mainly because I'm totally convinced that the cartridge, tonearm and phono stage ( in that order ) are more important and makes the " difference " in the analog experience. I'm not saying that TT is not important because it's but at other level.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.

I agree. I am done buying TT's except out of curiosity and my predilection for great vintage products as gadgets.

Had mine for about 10 years now and absolutely love it!  I have a couple of the optional accessories that seriously improve the sound though.  The first is the external power supply...an absolute must to get the most out of this TT.  Second I have the vacuum platter that is really a rebadged Audio Technica AT-666 vacuum platter...but who cares!  It works as advertised and again further improves the sound.

I prefer this TT to the ones I had before: Voyd (3 motor with split phase PS and Helius Cyalene arm) and Michell Gyrodeck SE (with Rega arm). 

One note: this TT has possibly one of the best speed stabilities of any TT ever made as it used a bi-directional servo (like the best JVCs...so no hunting) and a coreless motor, so there was no cogging.  I have tested it with my Allnic Speednic and it is absolutely perfect to within the accuracy of that device...I cannot say this with ANY other TT I have put the Speednic on...including some seriously high end TTs.

Dynamics are explosive, bass powerful but the sound is in no way overly dry or clinical.  I think it is probably getting closer to what is really on the record than most.

Dear Theophile, You seem to have an in-depth knowledge of the GT2000. Can you tell me what distinguishes the GT2000L from the GT2000? Thanks.