Yamaha GT 2000 Turntable

Hello there ! Looking for any Yamaha GT 2000 owners / ex owners out there to share their experience and opinions regarding this turntable ..
blz_tone

Showing 2 responses by irsbeta

Had mine for about 10 years now and absolutely love it!  I have a couple of the optional accessories that seriously improve the sound though.  The first is the external power supply...an absolute must to get the most out of this TT.  Second I have the vacuum platter that is really a rebadged Audio Technica AT-666 vacuum platter...but who cares!  It works as advertised and again further improves the sound.

I prefer this TT to the ones I had before: Voyd (3 motor with split phase PS and Helius Cyalene arm) and Michell Gyrodeck SE (with Rega arm). 

One note: this TT has possibly one of the best speed stabilities of any TT ever made as it used a bi-directional servo (like the best JVCs...so no hunting) and a coreless motor, so there was no cogging.  I have tested it with my Allnic Speednic and it is absolutely perfect to within the accuracy of that device...I cannot say this with ANY other TT I have put the Speednic on...including some seriously high end TTs.

Dynamics are explosive, bass powerful but the sound is in no way overly dry or clinical.  I think it is probably getting closer to what is really on the record than most.