Best standalone music server?

So I am considering dipping my toes into the full digital world and was wondering what people here may consider as the best standalone music server, and here I am going to be specific.
I do not want to consider a home pc or mac based type of system at all!
Looking at adding one of the standalone models like for example the Wyred4sound ms1 or cocktail audio.
High on my list is ability to rip my cds directly at the unit itself, access to internet radio and other music apps (Pandora etc). High quality built in dac would be nice but if not then high quality digital out to run to an external dac. I will not be needing to access music files stored on another pc as my home pc is pretty old but fully functional for my simple needs. The only music looking to access from it right now are ripped cds and internet available music in whatever form.
So if it worked out well, yes it may be a replacement even for a cd player completely

Thank you
128x128uberwaltz
I have the Sony Hap-z1es. Great build and sound quality and control app. You can rip direct to the unit or to a computer and sync to the unit. They list for $2k and you can usually find them cheaper. 

Once its it's loaded up with music it's easy for everyone in the house to use. You can find reviews from various magazines if you search. 
Rip directly to the Sony Hap-Z1ES ???  Umm.... i don't see a CD drive on that thing.  I'd likely buy one if it functioned as a CD player too.

"Rip directly to the Sony Hap-Z1ES ???  Umm.... i don't see a CD drive on that thing.  I'd likely buy one if it functioned as a CD player too."

If you want one with a CD player, look at the new Resolution Audio. I'm probably going to get one myself. The only issue is that the CD drive can only be used for playback, and not ripping. And you really don't want to rip using an internal drive on a piece like that. High quality rips are very hard on the optical drive, and wear out quite often. Its best to just use external drives.

I ripped my cd's on my laptop using dbpoweramp it was super quick and easy, 800 cds but I did it in spurts over time. All not on a 4TB Synology NAS. I hear what you are saying uberwaltz but trust me and others, do it right and do it once. You may end up ripping all your stuff on some box and having to rip it all again. Its not hard at all and its very intuitive and 500 cds are not really that many to rip. Happy owner of an Auralic Aries Mini here.