The Palladian-A step beyond

The new cartridge from Acoustical Systems may finally be the LOMC to fully realise the theoretical advantages of the genus.
And convince those long-suffering audiophiles to whom the 'modern' MC presentation has been anathema to 'live sound'....that the realism of vintage LOMCs like the SPUs and FR-7 series has finally been recaptured 👀
IMAGE 1 
IMAGE 2 
IMAGE 3 
IMAGE 4 
IMAGE 5 
IMAGE 6 
IMAGE 7 
128x128halcro
Nandric
Dear Chris, I am already ''screwed'' by the moderators and you
threaten me also with those ''free screws''. I expected more
support from my former compatriote.

Nikola - We, Canadians...... do not know how to threaten. So if something I said came off as a threat, it was unintentional.
With that we are very good, probably the best in the world at saying, "Sorry".

so ..

if you have put yourself in a position, that you need to figure out some method, a way, to apologize to your German friends, in order to keep getting free screws. Maybe I can help you with that. Let me know

Acman3
Looked like a bloodbath happened, with only Lewm's post standing by itself.

Acman
IMO - The new Audiogon is not like the old one. The moderators now have more patience, are more open minded and actually give a thread lots of rope, and just delete posts. So more post carnage is very evident yes; but as we can see the thread is still alive.
In the old days, the whole thread, if it started going off course too far, would have just been deleted.

Fleib
I think they are switching to string drive.

Fleib
If you are referring to a switch from camel drive? then I can only say and warn, that I hope the courier journey doesn't take those shims through a family of kitties (cat variety)

Trust me the shims will never make it.

If you don't believe me, read my last system post which attempts to answer the question "Where did my turntable drive system go ?"

Now, if I have totally misunderstood your post.... very possible..... I will just blame it all on Wiarton Willie.......tomorrow.  

Cheers

Well I have my free screws - and very nicely presented they are. My wife was just about to try to put them on her ears as jewelry 🙈

As as to the special built for me shim it's still en route somewhere between Bundespost and USPS. I will mount the screws on Friday and report back on this next step on our adventure
Ct0517,

It seems that the good old times of our very deep exchanges on audio equipment and their side stories are over. Hopefully a motivated and long time analogue user is still reading today a newspaper, not only on new tweaks on digital developments and sports. Yes, these are also interesting.

As I was not successful in delivering my Titanium screws to the many countries to be designated to I will give up and return into isolation. Btw. Isolation is a very hot topic right now bringing down all the interferences and disturbances by other sources. Controlling air borne and structural noise is the topic of one of my articles. I am curious what Michael Fremer will tell us on his own observations regarding the Minus-K built in platform of Döhmann’s Helix table.

I have sent Nandric a book about the art of turntables. Hopefully he will not reject this one.
Post removed