Processor hunt....does this animal exist??

OK, I’m having a really hard time finding the processor I want. All I want is;

1. At least one 5.1 analog input, two would be better
2. Only needs to do 5.1 DD/DTS as I have no desire to go to 6.1 or 7.1, 5.2 would be a plus though…
3. Solid analog section, none of this converting my analog to digital and back again
4. Would like DPL II but could do without
5. Prefer single ended and balanced outputs with at least one balanced input
6. Discreet remote codes for power…….
7. DC triggers/phast connectivity
8. Upgradeable power cord
9. No video on the unit, they all look cheesy to me, but I could defeat this if need be
10. OK, I’d like it in black, but would buy whatever color it comes in
11. Can’t be bright or harsh… spent too much time and funds to get rid of that sound, don’t want it back… (sorry, for me this rules out Bryston, Aragon, and I’m still not real impressed with Lexicon, though they’ve come a long way)

What I don’t need;
1. Video switching…all video goes straight to the TV, and if need be I’d use an external DVI switcher
2. WAF (she lets me buy any stereo gear I can afford!!!)

The rest of the system is an active Linn 51 with an Esoteric DV-50s, but will be progressing to a Revel (Salons/Voice/Studios) with likely Proceed HPA’s until I go to ML 436’s…..

Does someone make this for less than the cost of my house???? Bueller??
kennyt
Oh, Poschecab, the Meridian converts all analog inputs to digital and back... sorry, a likely one, but doesn't do a seperate analog.

I had considered a Classe SSP 75, which does most of what I want too....

Tough choices..
What about a Linn Kisto or Kino? I know the Kino has 5.1 input, cant remember whether the Kisto has it though. I am not sure about the conversion requirement either (no A to D back to A). Either way, you're sure to keep that polite Linn sound.

I cant argue with the Classe, though I am not sure you'll like the analog preamp section. It's pretty neutral sounding (very good IMO). The EAD 8800pro spent a few days here at my house. Its a nice piece. But its 2 channel performance and lack of flexibilty didnt warrant an address change for my current piece! But its definately worthy of audition.
Had a kisto in the syswtem, really nice, but thte remote was so poor as to really turn me off to it. Sound was fantastic, but I hated the way you had to select inputs....and the $13K price for it, but given that I am considering the Meeridian stuff, $13K isn't too bad....
Kgturner, I can confirm that EAD is no more, at least in the sense that they've closed their doors. Whether there is a move to bring it back to life is something I don't know. But the doors are definitely closed.

Distortion, I agree that for pure 2 channel performance, an EAD is only pretty good (IMO), but not as good as a nice two channel preamp. But then, that's true (if not worse) for many multichannel prepros. At least the EAD has analog bypass. I find I keep my two channel preamp in line and I can easily switch between the two. That may not be acceptable for some, though.

What was it that you found less than flexible with the EAD?
Tony, I couldnt agree more. I am certain I will move to a better and separate preamp in the near future. My current setup is sufficient for now. Of the Pre/pros I have brought home, the Bryston has dispatched them all. Not all easily though and there are plenty more that I havent even seen, much less heard. Its probably due to my specific use, mostly 2 channel bypass with three sources. The fact that the SP1.7 has a complete and separate Bryston 2 channel preamp built in probably helps. Some say its the BP-25, others say its the BP-20, I dont know, but it has something no other Pre/pro has so far matched.

I try to be as objective as I can, though admittedly I do like Bryston gear and have had nothing short of great customer service from them.

Specifically the EAD did not allow multiple analog bypass's. Not really a big deal, but being able to analog bypass any input, of any source, at any moment, is really quite handy. Its a real shame about EAD going under. They really turned out great sounding gear.

Kenny, Wow, I knew those Linn's would be expensive. They're top quality and the price reflects it. Thats a shame about the remote, I bet the synergy was great! Isnt the new Linn AV controller (Kinos) about 8k retail? Maybe it has less finicky controls.