audio from comcast and other providers

Hi, I'm new.

I have a nice int. amp and speakers. (Music Fidelity A-5 and Gallo 3.10). Two channel. I want to include a tv in the chain. As I like to listen some of the audio channels, vh1 etc. offered by comcast do I need a dac anywhere in the chain for the cable box?

Thanks, jj
128x128jackiejr
Yep. Again, more compressed digital content = lower musical fidelity!
Even with Ipods, we have moved to convenience, and away from ultimate sound quality!
I think people don't really care, in- mass, about soundquality. they'd rather have convenience.
amazing!...
Hi again,

How do you go from the cable box to the stereo? Which connections do you use? How do you include the tv in this scenario? jj
On my brighthouse box , the cable will carry the video and audio to the TV . The left and right audio out , from the back of the cable box , then goes to my integrated amp .

Also the "CD quality " music only channels sound better than the VH1 , MTV and CMT music channels . Trade off , no video ! There is always a trade off .

Good luck .
Ok,

So an hdmi cable is not needed. Just the coax cable (cable feed to cable box, cable box to tv. And then rca's from cable box to amp. Right? jj