JBL LSR4328p or other Nearfields?

I don't see any objective reviews of these studio monitors online, but I am very curious about these because of a few features they have, so I am looking for some opinions/suggestions about these or other price-comparable active studio monitors:

1. Do not particularly require a sub in nearfield because of a great bass response.
2. Built in room equalization feature that allows to reasonably deal with room reflections and such.

I am mostly interested in neutrality, detail/imaging, and accurate transient response. The last equipment set I had did not make me particularly happy with its imaging and piano reproduction (VMPS QSO 626).

Thanks folks.
By objective reviews do you mean those with measurements? There are several subjective reviews of the LSR4300 series speakers available by "pro audio" magazines.

I own a pair of the LSR4328 and the associated LSR4312 sub. I believe the sub is necessary so that you're not stressing the 8" driver in the monitor.

My relevant experience getting to the JBLs is Spendor S8e + M&K MPS-5310 sub; replacing the Spendors with M&K S-150THX monitors; replacing the S-150THX with JBL LSR4328; finally replacing the MPS-5310 with JBL LSR4312. Electronics with the passive speakers was a pair of Bryston 7B SST monoblocks and Bryston BP26 preamp; the source was an Arcam FMJ CD23T and more recently is a Benchmark DAC1.

The S-150THX monitors were more neutral, more detailed and presented a huge soundstage compared to the Spendor S8e. Tonally, I feel the LSR4328s are very similar to the S-150THX, but the LSR4328 I believe to be more detailed. I have not noticed any change in coloration or soundstage. From the very beginning I found the LSR4328 very smooth and flowing. Being able to hear deeply into recordings. To me there's a sense of "rightness" in drumming and rim shots through the LSR4328s. Sinatra's voice is creamy smooth; Krall's voice is presented very well to me, but maybe those vocals a little higher up the band don;t get quite the same treatment. Maybe this is more of the sub's influence. In a nutshell, I've been very happy with the JBL system.

I have the LSR4312 sub placed where the M&K sub was and I believe it's location is not suited well to the RMC. There is a love seat within 3 feet of the sub's driver. You can toggle the RMC on and off via the remote and with certain bass material I feel the RMC presents a smoother result; though it is fairly subtle. I intend on moving the sub so that it has more of a direct line to the RMC microphone hoping that the RMC will yield more obvious results. I would like to acquire an accurate computer based measuring system so that I can see the effect of the RMC. BTW, I have a complete set of distortion measurements from JBL for the 4312 sub. At 2m, 90-95dB, down to 30Hz it is quite clean. Below 30Hz distortion rises, but not terrible. COnsidering the price and the feature set, I think it's a bargain. I would add a second one, if I had the room for it.

Other monitors I considered were the Mackie HR824mk2, Dynaudio (DSP and not) and Genelec. Honestly, the pricing of the JBLs (and Mackies) were a hurdle. They are priced so low that it's easy to not take them seriously.
Thanks for the reply.

First a question:
Have you tried using the digital inputs of the LSR4328's? From what I understand the LSR4328p package comes with a USB controller, so until I have the funds to provide a good dedicated DAC, I can effectively use the USB controller combined with digital inputs of the LSR4328s to enjoy good sound, right? If so, how capable is that internal system?

What I meant by objective reviews is having some comparisons, especially ones that are easy to refer too. Reviews of these seem to be along the lines of 'I like em', but not much reference to other serious equipment.

The comparisons you bring up help out quite a bit. I am hoping someone who has experience with conventional hi-fi speakers will also pitch in. Conventional hi-fi equipment is certainly enjoyable, but for audiophile listening it would seem that monitors made for accuracy are more appropriate (and it has been my experience with headphones that I enjoy high-end monitoring headphones more in the long run than 'audiophile' headphones).
I have not tried any of the digital inputs. The LSR4300 series speakers will accept a USB input, but isn't that for running the control software on a PC?

I do recall one review where the author uses the LSR6328 as his studio reference and he commented that if you need the last iota of detail then the LSR6328 should be your choice.

Are you aware of the JBL LSR4300 Rebate?
I found some information on gearslutz.com that leads me to believe that digital inputs on the LSR4328p performs well.

Thanks for pointing out the rebate, I am actually aware of it, but I cannot take advantage of it because I am still a couple of months away from purchase. I am not so worried about getting the last iota of detail, but rather good balanced sound that delivers accurate transients, impact, and leading edge (I did not get satisfied by the sound of brass/sax on most equipment I heard so far).