Modding Synergistic Research MPC to Galileo status

I recently had the good fortune of upgrading my stock Synergistic Research MPCs closer to Galileo Status by the help of a friend who is inclined to do such work.

He replaces the Synergistic MPC's four cheap, general purpose 1 amp rectifier diodes with four ultra fast, soft recovery IXYS rectifier diodes and the 470uf 50 volt dirt cheap chinese electrolytic cap with a 680uf Panasonic FM extremely low impedance, high ripple current, long life (7000 hrs). It is now a super low noise power supply.

This mod provides better shielding to Synergistic Research cables resulting in more transparency, blacker backgrounds, increased detail and warmth with even lower noise floor than stock MPCs.

I was really taken aback by the improvements mentioned above. When considering the cost of a Galileo MPC, this mod is a downright bargain.

The cost of this mod will be $40-50. I can provide contact information for additional questions regarding components and price.
128x128michaelspallone
ptrck887, I had the same experience when Michael did the mod to mine. More detail but less bright at the same time.
It's truly remarkable.
Would you share Michael's contact information?
I've purchased SR Element Copper speaker cables with the basic MPCs and would like to upgrade them.
I agree that Michaels work does transform the MPC to Galileo performance. It is only eclipsed by moving up to a Transporter. A while back Michael modded my Quattro with great results. It has been since replaced with a Transporter. if anyone is interested in the Quattro please let me know. 
I asked Michael mod two of my stock MPCs to his v2 status and I can say that these are great mods. Although I haven't been able to do proper A/B comparisons because of some ongoing system changes, I will say that I don't notice any difference between using these and my Transporter SE for the MPCs on my Tranquility Bases. Great service and turnaround time too from Michael to ensure that I didn't have much time without being able to use my MPCs. A big thanks to him.

I just wanted to share with all of you what I have already shared with a few of my latest customers. I cannot stress enough the value of using a single dc cabled SR MPC (whether modified by me or stock) on each SR actively shielded cable. Each SR AC power cable comes with its own MPC. I have found it just as important, if not more so, to use a separate single dc cabled SR MPC on each SR speaker cable. SR interconnects also benefit if you are using longer than 1.5 meters.  Having a separate power supply for each cable is most important. I liken it to dual mono. I believe SR is doing this with their Galileo line. The SR MPC is a 30-35 volt dc power supply, ultimately limited by the size of its transformer.  Using one on each cable, will bring about (among the usual benefits of increased air, decay, transparency, & blacker backgrounds) much better sense of scale, dynamics along with increased bass weight.