12 ft pair of thick speakers cables?? Can they be cut downt to a 6 ft pair??

I have a 12 foot pair of Harmonic Technology Pro-11 Plus speaker cables. Can they be cut down to a 6 ft pair and re-terminated with WBT banana jacks. The 12 foot pair is awkward and difficult to place, and WILL NOT stay put on "Porcelain  Cable Elevators"   

I  really like the cables and don't want to necessarily sell them  The "new"  Harmonic Technology company blew me off when I ask if they could do it??   Are there outside services companies that will do it for a reasonable price??. 

Thanks,  SJ

sunnyjim
@sunnyjim I’ve found the new style BFA banana plugs to sound just as good as spades and provide just as secure a connection..

Also, the speaker cable I made is made from cat 5 plenum cable, a braid of 7 lengths. Each of those lengths has 4 twisted pairs of individually insulated wires. They were a freaking pain in the ass to terminate because of the need to strip each conductor. There were 56 wires to strip. On each end. Of two cables. That’s 224 stupid little 24 gauge wires. Ugh. But I love how mine sound and they’re DIY, so no loss of value..

Just more info for your decision making process..
Hello moebuster
I have read just the opposite shorter speaker cables and longer interconnects. Have talked to PSaudio, High Fidelity C
able  they both go with short speaker cables and longer interconnects.
Enjoy Pete

Wasn't it John Curl and Bob Crump who opined that speaker cables should be a specific length, around 5 feet, perhaps to minimize reflections traveling down the cable, something like that?
Geoffkait,

I don't know about John Curl or Bob Crump, but that was a belief of Bob Fulton.