Budget Audiophile Looking For Amplifier Suggestions

Hi All,

I'm looking suggestions for a high quality ss 2-channel amplifier (120-150 WPC) made between 1998-2005 that may have sold for $2000-3000 but today would go for $800-$1100. What would you be looking for?

Best Regards,
Mike
mikte15
A 12 year old Krell is now at that price point.   My philosophy in buying used is to buy the best you can, not buy budget gear used.  If buying bang for your buck stuff,  buy new.
Mike,

If you're looking for made in USA and want quality and longevity with the bonus of resale value look into McIntosh. There are some available in your preferred description and price range and they will drive any load without strain. Made in Binghamton, NY. I've been through the factory tour and owned several of their components and they will compete on any level and you will never experience listener fatigue due to the fact they have mastered the dark art of transformer winding and they incorporate output autoformers.

Dave
I bought in the mid 90's a new forte model 3. This year finally had Jon soderburg rebuild it. At $1300 then it performed well above its price in my auditions and today it is still remarkable. 
shraggs,

I agree with you on the forte' amps. Bought a model 40pre with phono and a pair of model 7 monos. They were great and did play above their price.

I know they play above their price because I still own them! Could never bring myself to sell them because they made my ProAc speakers sound so musical. Have them in a second system / smaller room.
If you find used forte' gear ; I would grab it.
I really like the NAD C390DD Direct Digital integrated amp with the BlueOS MDC module.  It has 150w per channel with zero THD and doubles as a digital music player.

Spearitsound is a good source to get a refurbished one in your price range.  That is what I did and am very happy.   

Driving Sonus Faber speakers and it sounds superb.

Best of luck!