Acoustic Zen Crescendo

I'm pretty interested in these transmission-line, full-range speakers. Has anyone spent serious time with them? How do they compare to other contenders around $16K?

Unfortunately, I'd have to fly to SoCal for an audition, so I'd like to vet them as thoroughly as possible before committing the time and expense. Press has been very positive but also very limited, and user impressions are scarce on the web.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
wrm57
grannyring, the M60 did a very nice job for all but Rock n Roll 98 dB blasting music. I listen to 90% jazz and had no problem. Yes the Veritas drives them without breaking a sweat but can lack some of the liveleness of the M60's.
sksos1,
I can believe that the 60 watt Atmasphere mono blocks overall outperform the more powerful Merrill with the exception of playing very loud rock music. As you note, some high power amplifiers can lack liveliness. I’ve heard this result more than a few times at shows and demonstratons. Despite the impressive power available, there can be "at times"  a flat and uninvolving sound. Increasing the volume doesn’t eradicate the issue.

I’ve heard these speakers on 4 occasions driven by the 50 watt Triode Corp TRX 845 PSET in generous sized rooms and the presentation was truly superb! My 8 watt SET wouldn’t be my first choice with the Crescendos, but 50 to 60 "high quality " watts should be quite a fine match. Emphasis on quality watts. Sorry to hear about your experience with AZ selling direct and undercutting you. Too bad.
Charles
Just  a thought, Viva Auroras seldom appear on the used market  (I can understand why). A pair of these would make the Cresendo sing to the heavenly angels above in my opinion.  

Wig uses the Line Magnetic 508ia an  805 SET 48 watts and says they're the best amplifier he has heard on the Cresendo. Quality!
Charles 
LM 508 IA drives the Crescendo's beautifully and 48 SET Watts is more than enough for the music I listen to: Classical Guitar, Cello, Violin and various string instruments.

It's so involving that it keeps me up until almost midnight every night...

Wig
: o)
Curious as to why you use the Zero's with the Atma amps? My experience with the Zero's was not good finding they really messed with the sound. 

I have tried several amps and thus far the Lyngdorf is the best. It puts out some 100 watts and sometimes I sense the Cresendos would be very happy with more quality watts. I have two tube amps I have used that both sound great, but in the end sound a little strained at higher volumes and in the bass. 

The Cary Rocket88r puts out 60 watts and with the mods are high quality watts. Same with a set of very good Legend Triode amps from Von Gaylord. My room is very large 36x22 with 12 foot ceilings. 

I am curious if folks have tried powerful Class D amps with the Cresendo? Merrill is a good example I think? In what areas did the Merrills shine compared the the M60's?