Best reasonably priced SACD player?

First time I've ever started a thread asking for "the best" of anything because I generally dislike such discussions. However, although I have redbook covered pretty well, I've been buying more CD/SACD *hybrid discs and am curious about the SACD layers. For the purpose of this discussion "reasonably" priced would be up to $1200. Also prefer volume control because I don't use a pre-amp.
Thanks!

* Mostly because a lot of titles of interest to me are only available as hybrid discs.
128x128rja
which Oppo, smrex?

was it the 105?

anyway, he now has 3 xlnt units to audition
The volume control is going to be difficult. If you had a larger budget, you could go with something like a Wadia, Cary, Esoteric, or maybe even a McIntosh. I would recommend going with a passive volume because you'll have a lot more options.

I don't know if you would be interested in something like this, but if you could find a good used Sony 9000ES, you can have mods done to it. The Sony can be had for under $400, and you can use the rest for upgrades. Here's a link to an article that goes over this in great detail.

http://vandersteen.com/media/files/APJ%20Files/APJ11_Proof.pdf
I have a Sony 5400es  mint with all from factory seating with no use.
Just a though.
Regards
I greatly prefer the Sony SA5400es to the Marantz - it just seems to have better resolution, detail and clarity.  Though, the Marantz has a rich, warm, tube-like sound - but, at a cost.

However, the Sony is no longer supported by Sony, so you have to find parts elsewhere - especially, the laser assembly, which has a history of malfunctioning.  I bought a couple of extra on eBay as backups.