Schiit taking orders (as of Dec 23) on Freya preamp

http://schiit.com/news/news/schiit-preamps-now-shipping

http://schiit.com/products/freya

Balanced and switchable for passive, JFET or tube (4x6SN7) gain stage.  

Volume control via 128 step relay switched attenuator

Remote control

$699
128x128ghosthouse
I've just emailed Schiit to ask if both the balanced and unbalanced outputs are active at the same time, an important feature if one is running a subwoofer as well as an amp. I'll let you know when I hear back....
With a Mani, a Ragnarok, and a Saga or Freya one could have a system that was pure Schiit. I'm 1/3 there.

(mea culpa)
I've got to say that I am increasingly impressed with Schiit and what they are doing.  However, I bought the first cd player and DAC that Emotiva put out, and they both had issues.

When a smaller company is putting out new products, I'd take a wait and see approach these days.
1-2-17 Just heard back from Schiit regarding my amp + subwoofer question:

"It has switchable output modes but the actual outputs are always active for both RCA and XLR, they are in essence identical outputs always.

It will work with a sub and power amp combo.

Nick T
Schiit Tech"

Wow! This $699 remote-controlled switchable passive, JFET buffer, or active tube gain stage could be a giant-killer in the right system. I've always wanted to compare passive stepped attenuators against active tube line stages while *actually listening* without having to pull and re-plug cables. Schitt has been around for several years now, and with innovations like this, I think they'll be around for a long time.
Schitt has been around for several years now, and with innovations like this, I think they’ll be around for a long time.
Mike Moffat’s no fool, he designed everything that was worth listening to at Theta Audio.
Schiit are making stuff that sound just as good as anything, and it’s got the goods inside were it counts.
Without "glitzing" up the outside with expensive CNC machined chassis like the big $$$$$$ stuff does for the glitz queens to buy. As they (the glitz queens) think it makes things sound better if it looks a million dollars, while staring at it in between their speakers as they listen to music.

BTW glitzy’s, equipment racks in between the speakers are the worst thing you can do for your stereo imaging and depth perception. Far better off with it on the side or behind you.

Cheers George