Merrill Audio Veritas

Hello fellow Audio-goners...

I just wanted to drop a note to say how much I have been enjoying my new Merrill Audio Veritas mono-bloc amps for the last month or so. These amps have been a revelation in my system,bringing to the table a most pure and musical foundation.

The reviews are spot on, and with out a doubt, worth the price of admission. What I like best about these amps are the way they just get out of the way and let the recordings shine in a way that truly sound as if there is no amp at all,kind of like a straight wire with gain,if you will. I do not mean in a sterile,non musical way, but rather, in a highly organic, let the music emotionally communicate to you in a " I can not stop listening to my system... type of way". Very nice indeed.

I would like to thank 'Mattnshilp' for the heads up concerning these amps and how they truly are a great amp in the pure flavor of the music.What else could one ask for.

Kudos and thanks to Merrill Audio for such a great sounding amp. A keeper for sure.
aolmrd1241
The NC1200 modules have four output posts coming off the board, two are positive and two are negative.  Hypex recommends twisting the two positive and two negative wires together and connecting them from the board to the two sets of binding posts, one wire to each post.  The best view is on page 4 of this review.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticimagery/4.html

With my Atsahs, I eventually connected both pair of hook-up wires to a single pair of binding posts, leaving the other pair of binding posts unconnected.  With your Veritas amps, this will be a little more difficult because Merrill indicates they solder the wires directly to the board and posts, and because they put a label on the amp and void your warranty if you open the box.  You could always ask Merrill to do this for you.

Your other option is to craft a pair of short jumpers out of high quality wire and jump the two posts together at the amp end, so both pairs of outputs feed a single pair of binding posts for use with your single wire speaker cables. The easiest method, would be to make a set of jumpers  with a pair of banana connectors at each end.   

You can also simply use only one pair of binding posts and not worry about the other pair.
Any of you Merrill owners in the New Jersey area?  I would like to get a listen to them.
@bigkidz

Sorry, I can’t help you there, but I do highly recommend you arrange for a demo... one cautionary note - only do so if you’re prepared to buy the amps!

I’ve had numerous amps of various topologies - Atma-Sphere, VAC, Pass Labs, Spectron, Levinson, Counter Point, McCormack, Job (Goldmund), to name a few - and ahead of an international move picked up a pair of Thors to take with me, as I was attempting to simplify my rig. I had never been a fan of class d amps, so was doing this for practical reasons more than anything, but the Thors completely blew me away. They exceed my expectations across the board... they are not just good for class d, they are amazing amps, period.

If it matters to you - it certainly does to me - Merrill Wettasinghe is truly one of the good guys.  Absolutely fantastic to work with.  I place him in the highest caliber, right up there with Ralph at Atma-Sphere, Nelson / Kent at Pass, Kevin at VAC, Lars at Raidho (you get the idea if you've ever dealt with any of these guys).
Two years now with the Merrill Audio Veritas monoblocks... and still loving them. 8)
bigkidz - Merrill Audio is in NJ (Bernardsville).  Dunno what facilities he has for auditioning but worth an email to him.  Maybe you'll be able to work something out.  (I have his Taranis amp)