Best affordable SACD player that does superb CD's

Of hand, does anyone know what CD players (or DVD for that matter) that are superb with standard CD playback, as well as SACD?!
Looking for great sound on a budget, type players
flrnlamb
you would be shocked if you knoew how goos a Lexicon RT10 works for every consideration, they average $400 used
Ok, saw your price point.
Have 2 suggestions and own or have owned both.
First, the Marantz DV9600. Excellent universal player at your price point. I paid 2 grand for the honer of owning it when they first came out. You can get this at a relative bargain used.
Also had the Pioneer DVAX-10. Awesome machine. Gorgeous and built like a tank. Believe those to be well within your price range, used, as they were built a while ago. Can't remember exactly when I purchased mine but it seems like around 6-7 years ago. Actually still wish I had that DVAX-10. DVD-Audio on this machine was incredible!
Maybe a little out of your looking price point but, Esoteric's universal player is SWEET. Had the DV-60 and absolutley loved it.
Are you looking for Multi-Channel SACD or 2-channel? How about DVD-Audio? Surround or 2-channel?
Oh yea, CD playback is good on both these players at that price range. Not stellar mind you as this price range will limit what you can expect. Though the SACD and DVD-Audio were exceptional.
Hope this helps you in your search.
The Oppo DV-970H or DV-981HD are available for about $100, at that price, why not give them a shot? If not good enough, then look for something pricier.
The Sony 555ES 5 disc changer of that era was a pretty nice player also.

5 disc carousel woo-hoo! ;)