Audio improvement for OPPO 205

Is audio quality improvement for the Oppo 205/D potentially significant assuming there's no changes to the power supply?
ptss

The power supply in the 105 has a switching supply for the digital section.  One of the things I do is change this to a linear supply.  This makes everything better, including the picture.  The power supply for the DAC system is OK but nothing great.  I update the diodes in the power supply, change a bunch of caps, add WA quantum chips to caps and the DAC and update the clock on the DAC to a low jitter clock.  I change the output stage completely to a zero feedback fet buffer running off my own custom shunt regulators.  I also do extensive mods to the transport mechanism that no one else does or would even try. Check out my 105 mod page for details.

If you are looking for an all in one than a modded 205 could be good but as a DAC there are better options.  For instance, my level 1.5 modded Gustard X20U Pro ($525 for the mod) simply kills my modded Oppo 105 ($1800 mod!).  Hopefully, I can make the new Oppo Sonica DAC sound almost as good as the modded Gustard because it costs about the same and has a lot more features (wireless streaming, phone app., usb input for hard drives).  We shall know soon.

The 103 has only a switching supply whereas the 105 also added a linear power supply for the DACs and output stages.

205 will have 4K, new ESS 9038 DAC, better power supply. I am still very happy with my 95 except lack of audio streaming capability.
Ricevs; " Gustard X20U Pro ".  Who's the manufacturer? Importer. Can't find any details via Google.
junzhang10: what's the source of your info?
Sonica will have the new DAC. I could guess 205 will get the same chip. I hope the price will stay the same even though this will be a major upgrade.