Multizone

What is the best option for setting up 4 zones? I will run a marantz sr 7011 but it is only capable of running 3 zones. 
joe_ray
Yes 1 HT room and I will probably run 7 channels. Everyroom don't have to play something different. I believe with the receiver I'm using I can play up to 3 different things so that's good enough for me. I want to be able to control the volume from the receiver so I don't have to add separate volume knobs in each location.  
Using the SR7011 with no other equipment, it can do 7.1 with 1 additional zone. To do both zones, 2 & 3, options are do 5.1 in the main room or with 7.1 in the main room, add an additional amplifier for zone 3. A simple setup with 7.1 in the main room is zone 2 speaker outputs to one room, then zone 3 preouts to an integrated amp with A/B speaker connections for the 2nd and 3rd rooms. Also, sometimes there can be issues playing digital source components in zones 2 and 3.

As you can tell from my previous post, I prefer a wired sound. The SR7011 does give you a variety of wireless options with HEOS. You could just add the HEOS speakers in each room, or a HEOS amp with a pair of conventional speakers, or a HEOS link with conventional amp and speakers.