Meridian DPS 7000 ? 5200? are these speakers actually worth having as a long term deal...

I am a Wilson guy for a long long time now (Sophia 3), had it matched with most in my life including the higher levels of ARC's, Krells, Ayre and finally went with the Devialet and extremely pleased with everything. Simplifying the system and retaining the sound quality was critical. Wanting less pieces but not willing to compromise on the sound.

Are any of the DSP Meridians worth looking into. DSP 5200 or DSP 7000 would be of interest.

rapogee
Jumpytoad, 

Thanks for the response, I will definately look around since there might be a dealer in Edmonton who stocks them. Since you have experience with this line of products, how different are things between the 5200 vs 7200?

Thank you
start making up a CD of source material for testing & then take a trip (vacation trip?) to hear them

OTOH, if you are like me it can take a long time to decide on what compromises make you happiest in a speaker.  I spent months comparing Maggies with Vandersteens, and finally sold the latter.

So a period of dual-speakerness could be in your future...
7200 vs 5200 differences are quite large. Not only in physical size but also in amplifier power, number of drivers etc. In terms of sound the 7200 is capaple of higher SPL, lower bass, and better dynamics. All in all the 7200 is in my opinion Meridian's best all around speaker. The 7200.2 even more so with updated electronics and new tweeters. When you go to the SE variant it is even more so.