Amp ac cable connection

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the 20 amp power cord form my amp should be plugged into my synergistic research conditioner or directly into the wall?  Hearing mixed reviews
128x128psinyc
Hi psinyc,

Synergistic Research never made a Triton pc to my knowledge.  Perhaps you mean to say Shunyata Research Triton? 

Best to you psinyc,
Dave
@Psinyc, hmmm.... It seems your Triton PC is ""SHUNYATA Research"" power conditioner. and not a Synergistic research!!!

@dicockrum, Once again you are right... BTW, My powercell was one of those earliest version and seems new versions like 10UEF are phenomenal. I am considering to buy one of those 10UEFs. My MPC mods were done by Michael Spallone, whom is a nice guy to deal with.

@stereo5, Hydra 2 could handle higher current but it still be a current-limited PC. Compared to other Hydra PCs, it doesn't have a surge protection feature.

@markus1299, PS-10 seems to be a good PC. However, be careful on loading too much charge on it. It could only handle up to 1500Watts! which means it is a current limited PC.

cheers...

dlcockrum
The place for a surge protector is on your TV cable line (only, unless you like choking the current flow to your audio system).
Sorry, but this is mistaken. The notion that all surge protectors are "choking the current flow to your audio system" is simply misinformed.

A surge protector on your cable TV line offers no protection to your audio equipment. It also offers no protection from a lightning strike.

To protect from a lightning surge - which is clearing the most dangerous to electronic equipment - you can't do better than a Type 1 device. The Leviton 50240-MSA is probably as good as any for this use, and it does not limit current. Oddly, not all utilities allow Type 1 devices to be installed in their meter panels.

A Type 2 surge protector will also not limit current.

Some Type 3 devices do limit current, but not nearly so much as many audiophiles suspect. This can be shown by measuring the device's output under load.
Hi cleeds,

I should have been more specific re: surge protectors. I am talking about the products that serve as intermediaries between the wall receptacle and the equipments’ power cords that claim to provide surge protection via sacrificial MOVs (90%+ of them I estimate).

Never had a surge via the electrical line damage equipment in my 45 years in audio, twelve of these in "storm-from-hell"/hurricane prone southeast Texas. Not to say extensive/expensive protection at the meter/breaker box is not a good idea. To the contrary, I think investing in power upgrades as early as possible in the AC chain probably results in a lot of sonic and power benefits to the whole house.

The most likely current surge damage occurs via TV cable IME. Happened to me when I first moved to Texas years ago while living in an apartment, taking out a brand new CRT TV. If a system contains a TV cable input (HT) like mine does, surge damage to all connected components is possible.

Best to you cleeds,
Dave