Running a sub in 2 channel with dhc80.2

Hey there,

I am curious if it is possible to run a powered sub in 2 channel with an integra DHC 80.2? I cant seem to get it working. I know you can with onkyo receivers but it doesnt seem possible with this integra processor. Thanks for any help you can give.
stevesimon
Hey erik thanks for the reply. Yes Audessey did detect the sub and it does run in multi channel. It runs in all channel stereo just not in stereo. Just cant figure it out.
Does the Integra have multiple memory settings?

If so, maybe a 'work around' for now is to select "All Channel Stereo", then manually turn off the center and surrounds, and save the setting.

Maybe what you are experiencing for 2-channel stereo is 'normal' - i.e. - if your source is only 2-channel (L/R analog connections), then that's all you get out of the Integra?
Possibly, I just find it unusual that the onkyo equivilent has the ability to run a sub in 2 channel stereo. I am going to see if it has multiple memory settings and if so I will do what you suggest in regards to turning the center and surrounds off. Thank you very much for the suggestion.
I checked your manual - for the "Direct" mode there is a footnote that basically says (if I am reading right) - the number of channels being played (including the subwoofer) depends on the number of channels in the original source.

So, at least for Direct, if there are only two channels for an 'old fashioned' stereo LP or CD, then that's all you get - two channels and therefore, no sub.

Maybe they forgot that footnote for "Stereo" mode?
I just noticed when I press the display button on the remote it comes up as stereo output: 2.0. It looks like it may be impossible to play a sub in stereo with the integra. I appreciate the help. If you happen upon anything in the future please post it in this thread and I will look back in here from time to time. Thanks again for the help