Search for miracle integrated

Hello All,

I'm on a search for a very specific type of integrated. I am upgrading my system from the top of the stream down. I go all digital / Lossless quality or higher so the logical start was with the DAC. I just received my Yggdrasil which I absolutely LOVE and feel that I got a much better value than I was expecting (even with all the praise online it met and exceeded my expectations).

My quest continues with the integrated. I am looking for a company that spends very little on marketing and works to move as much of the value for the money to the product itself. Very high value is important to me, I want to get value above the price and I don't want to pay for anything I don't need (such as a built-in DAC as I already have one). The more musical and the higher the clarity the better. My short list is pretty short- the SimAudio Moon 600i and Ayre's integrated.  Some other factors are below. I typically buy new but I'm open to a good value in a used product as well.

Budget (only for the integrated): $8K+/-
Music preference: classical, light rock, pop
End speakers:  It is between Accoustic Zen Crescendo / Vandy Quatros / Wilson Sophias / Revel Salon Ultimas 
Power: 150 WPC+ into 8 ohm

xerotrace
inna2,871 posts11-19-2016 3:50pmYou forgot Gryphon and Ypsilon. Also, some Like LAMM or VAC are simply not interested in this.
Nope, didn’t forget Gryphon. Ypsilon don’t make a CD player. As for Lamm and VAC, If they tell you they’re not interested in designing a cdp, you’re not hearing the full story. CD players are still selling well, albeit the penny has dropped on companies like Esoteric who are no longer designing new SACD players.

http://www.ypsilonelectronics.com/product/14/cdt-100-cd-transport.html

LAMM and VAC have enough stuff to sell, don't need it. Gryphon makes it only because they want to have all Gryphon system and they don't make turntables. Why Ypsilon makes it I have no idea of, maybe they are thinking of making speakers too and have all Ypsilon set-up. CD players are going to be completely obsolete very soon. My player is in the closet unlike turntable and tape deck. It's either analogue or computer.
inna2,873 posts11-19-2016 5:14pmhttp://www.ypsilonelectronics.com/product/14/cdt-100-cd-transport.html

LAMM and VAC have enough stuff to sell, don’t need it. Gryphon makes it only because they want to have all Gryphon system and they don’t make turntables. Why Ypsilon makes it I have no idea of, maybe they are thinking of making speakers too and have all Ypsilon set-up. CD players are going to be completely obsolete very soon. My player is in the closet unlike turntable and tape deck. It’s either analogue or computer.
Firstly, that is a cd transport, not a cd player. Therefore my reply was 100% correct.

Secondly, you can conclude whatever you like about the decline of cd sales, and Lamm or Vac’s position on designing a cd player. For Lamm or Vac to design and build a cd player as good as the Vitus SCD-025 Mk2 or Soulution 541/746 within a profitable model would require a significant investment in both engineering, tooling and factory space few high end manufacturers have the capacity or willpower to do.

As for the demise of cd’s, the fact is there are billions of cd’s in circulation. And whilst cd’s and cd player sales are in decline, their is still a niche market for desirable high end cd players for audiophiles like me who still enjoy spinning cd’s. Btw, I doubt your player would be in the closet if you owned any of the above-mentioned spinners ;).

Everything (gear) has its proper place. I like Bryston power amps, I would never buy their loudspeakers. I would not wish VAC , VTL or LAMM to build a cdp either.

Happy Listening!
jafant4,622 posts11-19-2016 9:58pmEverything (gear) has its proper place. I like Bryston power amps, I would never buy their loudspeakers. I would not wish VAC , VTL or LAMM to build a cdp either.
...that's good, that means the wait time to deliver a Vitus or Soulution cdp is less for us audiophiles who appreciate them.