Scansonic mb serie

Does anyone listen MB serie from Scansonic ?
What about the raidho DNA ?
Does thoses speakers sound like a real raidho ?
georgelfre
We really wanted to like the MB2.5 as we were considering the line from a distributor we already have a relationship with. The price, size and look of them is all very attractive. We tried out a pair that had about 100 hours on them and proceeded to put on about another 500 hours. When we first received them, they were unbelievably boomy. The boominess did lessen over time, but even with about 600 hours on them, they were still far too boomy for us, even very free from room boundaries, so we gave up. We didn't try plugging the port, even though we knew it would help. Our thought was that if we were well away from room boundaries, fed them ample high-quality power, had 600+ hours break-in and they still didn't sound good, they weren't for us. Too bad. We hooked up a pair of ATC and were very happy again.
I agree with the boominess assessment.  Also thanks for confirming these speakers are not for reproducing AC/DC at concert levels.  That being said, I think the midrange, treble and imaging is hard to beat for acoustic and vocal.  I'm considering a pair just for that as they are small enough to move in and out of the system. 

Hi all,

Need feedback on MB 3.5.

i have recently purchased an MB 3.5 . i run it with a Hegel h 360 Amp which has 250 W RMS . When i play the speakers at about 75 (out of a maximum of 99) level on my Amplifier the side woofers start to rattle. Is this normal as part of the burn in. when i checked with the dealer he advised me to play the MB 3.5 at lower than 65 level of Hegel 360.

Any experience on rattling sound during breakin ? Any comments on MB 3.5 playback with amplifiers of 200 W and up.
I heard the same rattle (they only had about 25 hrs on then at the time) and it will go away after break in from what I was told. A friend had them and he likes very loud and when I asked if the rattle still happened he said no. His amp was the Aavik U300. Another thing is I don't know how long it takes for the rattle to go away.

As I stated early in this thread I went to a private demo for the MB-1 - 2.5 and 3.5. They all had about 25 hrs on them and my first impression wasn't all that favorable - very boomy. Then I heard the 2.5's at approx 250 hrs and to me they sounded like totally different speakers. So much better. I owned the D2's so I didn't pay too much attention other that I thought they are a great value for the money especially after being broken in. Like the Raidho's placement is pretty critical. Ideally you want at least 9 ft apart and toed in pointing to your shoulders. Being bottom ported they can be placed pretty close to the side and back walls but I preferred them a couple feet away. IMO they are more of a near field speaker. That said with a pair of 4 1/2" drivers they are not concert level speakers.
I have the MB-1 Scansonic speakers. Was thinking I would sell them and buy a pair of Eminent Technology LFT16. Any opinions? I love the MB-1 - but have the bug to try a change. Thanks!