Good point.   Another reason I am curious to see how that all works out.  

The business model is new to me as well.   Not sure how that works either. 
from the website

safety is taken care of

Accidents happen, and we know that sometimes you may encounter a power outage, so we’ve designed the turntable with a UPS system. This solution stores enough power to safely lift the tonearm, stop the record, and return the platter feet to resting position. This way the turntable and your record remain in perfect condition even when the unexpected happens

cool

You know - all of us are merely caretakers for our vinyl. Our records will outlive all of us. Out of box thinking for old technology, that I think will bring in young hearts and minds.

they are up to 588 backers now.

Me thinks sarcher30 is not one of them     :^)

.....good things come out of Slovenia

Thanks to Vic the Magician, I´ve been enjoying the benefit of maglev spindle/platter for nearly three years now and there is no returning...
When the base of the arm and the surface of the platter are not rigidly coupled, the result is that any motion in which both are not a party will be interpreted by the pickup as a coloration. One example could be a loss of bass.

In a turntable ideally there will be no slop in the bearing of the platter or the bearings of the arm so that this rigid coupling can occur. In that way if the platter has motion other than rotation, the arm is moving in the same plane and so cannot pick up whatever that motion (noise) is about. Quite simply, any turntable that breaks this rule for whatever reason will be incapable of state of the art performance.
I agree with what Ralph says above. Mag-Lev under the entire turntable may have some merit. It would just act like a simple spring though. A Minus K or a piezo electric table base would probably work better.

You would never see a vinyl cutting machine with a design like the turntable the OP posted about.

I wonder if an isolation device under a cutting machine would be of benefit?