Platter for Rega RP3 turntable

I've just begun making tweaks on my Rega RP3 turntable. I ordered a new subplatter and improved belt.
in addition, would an acrylic platter make a big difference?
I've looked at the ads for the Groove Tracker and the SRM/Tech platters.  Is there a significant enough difference in the two to warrant the big price difference?
Are there others that anyone likes better?
i would appreciate any feedback.

128x128rvpiano
Post removed 
Thanks, viridian.

I think I'll save the money and stick with the glass table with the Herbies mat.

I have extensive experience with the Rega tables and have tried many different tweeks.

My favorite platters (in order) are:

1.  Funk Firm Achroplatter...the best, period.  I don't think they make them anymore, but still make the Achromat platter mat.  One of the best mats available.

2.  The GrooveTracer Delrin Platter

3.  The Shear Audio/Iron Audio acrylic platter

4.  The Rega OEM glass platter
Post removed 
I see that the Achromatic platter mat sells for a little over $100.  I'm thinking of buying it based on MoFi's recommendation. I can always return it if I don't like it or it makes little difference.
It's amazing what a little tweak can do.  I just yesterday got the Rega white belt, and the improvement was amazing.  All of a sudden the imaging snapped into place and the sound became fuller.  The bass even improved. I never would have believed it with just the change of a belt!
i originally mistakenly ordered the Edwards sub platter.
I haven't read any good reports about it, so I ordered the Tangospinner from Argentina which I've heard many good things about.  I haven't gotten either of them yet, but when they arrive I'll try and compare them and return the inferior one.  I know the Groovetracer sub is the most recommended but it's more than I want to spend.
viridian, Your certainly right about the dollars adding up, but for a few hundred dollars it's cheaper than buying a better table.