SET amp comparable to First Watt SIT 1?

I’m currently planning to change my speakers to high efficiency horn from modern high end speakers (B&W). The speakers would be Volti horn speakers.

For amp, A friend of mine has First Watt SIT-1, which sounds great to my ears, but I have always been interested in tube SET, especially 300B. The problem is there are too many choices around, and I have read several online reviewers stated that 300B amps don’t sound as good as First Watt SIT 1, except extremely expensive ones with NOS WE300B.

Any suggestions?

My budget is around 7-15K. I don’t mind second hand ones, but I wish I could compare it with my friend’s SIT 1 before I decide to take it or not, so second hand unit is probably not an option.
tmare
Thank you very much for so many comments. I read all the comments several times and added all the amp recommended here to my list. I have never heard of the most of brand name listed here, but they all look nice to me. btw, I would like to narrow my choice down to 300B SET only, because I have been already confused by way too many choices of tube amps... It would sound ridiculous for you guys, but "300B SET" has been a magic word for me for a long time.

What I still would like to know is, how I choose the right one from this list for the purpose of comparison with First Watt SIT. Do they all share the same 300B SET character enough for this purpose? And is it OK that I just (rather blindly) pick up one of them for demo?
You may see what Volti Audio has to say. I have listed the owners contact info below; also there web site has a dialogue box for contacting them.
It also seems helpful to use this platform to reach out to others that own your Brand/model of speaker (Need Help From Volti Users) and ask them what they have tried with there speakers and what and why they selected there amp/integrated of choice.

By the way Volti Audio used a BorderPatrol S20 single-ended 300B amp the RMAF in 2012

CONTACT
[email protected]
Greg Roberts
Volti Audio
6100 Nashville Highway
Baxter, TN 38544
Tmare,
I fully understand your predicament in trying to narrow down the field of worthy amplifiers. It is frustrating in the sense that it is not really  realistic to be able to hear these various 300b SET ampliifiers and particularly in your own system. It is by nature very subjective (just look at the responses thus far) and all of us have our own bias and preferences.

Then there’s the question of what is 300b sound? You can generalize in only a broad and somewhat vague sense as different 300b amplifiers have their own sound. Circuit, part quality, transformers and power supply are significant factors of sonic influence. Then factor in the variable of different brands of the 300b tube itself.

Even the same country of origin there’s ample variety. Japan for instance offers many choices, each with its own musical character. Some offer more grunt and drive than others,some more warmth, others more neutral and transparent. You get the point I’m sure.

Volti has mated with the Border Patrol at a number of shows, that list I posted yesterday consists of high quality alternatives. Tmare I don’t blame you for wanting to experience a 300b SET amplifier. A good one has the capacity to thoroughly connect you on a deep emotional level with your music.
Charles
I really appreciate the suggestions that I find them very helpful. I put the Border Patrol at the top of the list. I just read 6 moons review about their SE 300B. Should be an excellent amp.
If the Volti model you are buying is the Vittora, you may be able to use a lower power SET amp using a 2A3 or 45, which opens the door to lots of options other than the 300B.  I have heard the Vittora at several of the Capital Audio Fest shows, and the very best sound in my opinion was with Greg Roberts' own 2A3 SET amps.  At one of the shows, when a room visitor asked Greg to play a particular CD he turned the volume up and said he would have to switch amps because he could hear some compression on peaks.  He then hooked up a borrowed pair of Border Patrol 300B amps with 18 watts.  For what it's worth, I didn't hear the compression with the 2A3 amps and this was a very loud volume, louder than I would normally find comfortable.  Also, to my ears the Vittoras did not have the same magical sound with the BP amps that they had with the 2A3 amps.  This wasn't just due to the BP amps being cold when I first heard them; Greg left the BP amps running for the remainder of the day so I had a chance to hear them after they were fully warmed up as well.  I am not saying this to put down the BP amps but rather to emphasize that for many listeners, such as myself, the 2A3 amps would have had plenty of power on the Vittoras.