WiFi System Upgrades

What should I upgrade (if anything) in the following playback chain?

I use iTunes on a Mac Mini to play ripped CDs (Apple Lossless) via WiFi to an Apple TV3.

A Cambridge DacMagic does the D to A and it then goes into my regular analog system (Sonic Frontiers Line One pre-amp; Sunfire Cinema grand bi-amping the Maggie 1.5QR speakers - which are likely to become 1.7i soon).

I hear a lot about other players besides iTunes.
The DacMagic seems pretty good even today.
Or I could eliminate WiFi by buying another computer and moving this one into the room where the stereo system is, using some sort of cable to go directly into the DacMagic.

What would you change and why?
randy-11
Scott one further update - I have just completed installing the Node 2 into my system using an excellent cables ( power & IC's).

As I suspected the Node 2 up'd it's game and it was easily noticeable...
- improved clarity
- finer details
- more precise imaging and spacial accuracy.

Can't wait for it to burn in :-)

I've compared my DAC/Vlink192 setup to many other brands and configurations and most paled in comparison, so the Bluesound really is a very nice surprise and so affordable

If you have a Bluesound - Give it some TLC and get the best cables you can afford - it responds very well.

BACKGROUND INFO - My comments are based on streaming tracks from my NAS drive only, that is connected via ethernet cable (no wireless). I have not yet tried any streaming services

Resolution of tracks include MP3, 16/44, 24/96 and 24/192 and are mainly RAW and AIFF.

That's about it :-)

Cheers
williewonka, thanks for the update. I’m running WireWorld Equinox interconnects on my Node 2. I’m using the Node via Ethernet connected to my router (the Ethernet cable run is 20 feet and I’m using Blue Jeans Belden cat6a cable). The Ethernet cable run is too long to consider higher end brands. I’m running iTunes AIFF files wirelessly to my router. Are you using a different power cord on your Node 2? Thanks.

The family and I love streaming. As I type I'm listening to WGUC out of Cincinnati. I believe they use a 192kbs stream and it sounds great. With a tap I can listen to KDFC out of San Fransisco or stream a station from Belgium or Wales or Antarctica or Asia. It's pretty cool. We don't us any premium services just the lower rez free streams from TuneIn, Spotify etc. I don't stream for serious listening but that could change if I ever pay for the higher Rez premium services.

Cheers,

Scott
Scott - I'm using no-name CAT6 from a local computer store and it works flawlessly - the run is 30+ ft long and it passes through a Ethernet Switch on the way from the NAS to the Node 2

I'm into DIY cables, so I make my own - but they are extremely good - I've compared them to cables costing thousands and I find mine offer better performance - believe it or not.

One other thing I've found with all my components, using my power cables will result in the components operating at lower temperatures and they provide improved clarity and spacial accuracy.

Here's a link if you are interested...
http://image99.net/blog/files/be8de0c383c5434907610d6b55049e69-75.html
http://image99.net/blog/files/4127b5fe2694586e383104364360373b-74.html

For the power cables - even if you don't use the conductors identified in the link, adopting the Helix geometry alone will provide significant improvements. I adapted an 18 gauge cable on my Yamaha mini system and the improvements amazed me.

If you are not into DIY, then I would suggest a power cable from Pangea or Anti Cables perhaps.

I like the braided architecture of Anticables and based on that I believe they would provide pretty good bang for the buck, but they are quite thick,

Unfortunately, when the component only costs $599, spending a lot on  cables seems a little ridiculous and most of the power cables out there are on the expensive side. But I have found that the more "affordable components" benefit the most from great cables

For connecting the power cable to the Node 2, I use a Cryo'd adapter from Take Five Audio to connect the standard IEC connector to the smaller C7 socket.

https://www.takefiveaudio.com/categories/82-ac-adapters-nema-uk-schuko-c7-c5

Hope that helps :-)

Thanks for the reply, williewonka.

I may have to get an adapter (didn't even consider an adapter until your reply, thanks) for the Node 2 and try a different power cord. I run a WireWorld Stratus on my amp and would like to upgrade that a bit in the future. When I do I'll try the Stratus on my Node 2.

Enjoy your Node 2. I think you'll like it more and more. I noticed the music refining as the days went by gaining in scale, fullness and resolution. It really is a great piece of gear.

Cheers,

Scott
Scott - those are very interesting power cables - how did they compare to other power cables you have used?

They are also pretty resonably priced - BONUS!  :-)

Thanks