Final Speaker Decision: TAD R1 vs SF Strad

Final decision coming up.... I have listened and auditioned and hemmed and hawed long enough.

Narrowed down from Wilsons Alexia/Sasha 2, Vandersteen 5A Carbon, Martin Logan Summit X, Magnepans, and BW 800 Diamond to these final two.

Both sound good to me, but I am unable to audition both back to back, nor in the same room.

Would like to get some opinions on the two from the group. I am looking for a speaker with longevity. Really hate to change up speakers prematurely from here.
joey_v
joey v, I wold go for the SF strads!, very nice indeed, though spec's do not mean all the sound, however, the better the Tad refence 1 speaker's!, with the exception of the khz, which by the way, you would never hear!
there is no comparison, tad r1 wins big time. if you do not believe me, hear this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KkD6kEm-vw

now, hic rhodos hic salta, show me your shyte pardon what's the name?
Just to complete my thread.

I ended up with the Strads during this debacle.

Awesome !!!  Congratulations. I had TAD CR-1's and while they were impressive in some areas, they were ultimately too forward for me. I have Strads now as well, and boy do they have soul. Amazing speakers that draw you into the music.