power conditioner

How important is power conditioner for musical system . Does it really  improve sound quality if the outlet AC power is adequate enough?
farzad
maybe not demonstrating gear at it's best also helps explain the disappearance of audio stores...I have never been in sales, but it seems an odd way to sell product...I would think the store would want their gear to sound great or else the customer won't buy it,  and also sell power and room acoustic gear too...Are you in audio sales maplegrove?...I would be curious if that is common practice, as we have many dealers on these forums...
I also use Furman power conditioners and they seem to help keep the noise away.  I have not noticed any degradation in sound quality, but if there is any lessening of sound quality it is far less than a small tweak, like upgrading a fuse in one of your components.
Now that I've added my two cents, I have a question as to where do you place your power conditioners?  I am very space limited and I wonder if I can place one of my components right on top of, or set the conditioner on top of a component.  Would there be some type of shielding I could use in between them?  My only other alternative would be to place the Furman on the floor, behind my components, where I wouldn't be able to reach it; so it would have to stay perpetually turned on. 

I leave my BPT turned on all the time, have it on the floor on the Mapleshade cones they recommend
@toolbox149 while it's always best to have dedicated space for components (to which I categorize a power conditioner),if push comes to shove you can place the Furman on top of another component or another component on top of it PROVIDED the component on the bottom has no vents and the component on top fits correctly. 
Hi toolbox149,

If your power conditioner has transformers inside, they create/transmit vibration therefore should not be stacked above or below a component that is sensitive to it, which is every component I can think of.

Best to you toolbox149,
Dave