Rolling Stones Mono Box Set (lp or cd)

I wanted to get the ball rolling. I thought that including both formats here would be beneficial to the entire discussion. I personally have little experience with the Rolling Stones. However, I think I can add an opinion in the form of having heard lots of music from this era and how this box relates to the Beatles Mono Box. I'm currently using my stereo cart. I've listened to the first 5 lps in chronological order.

One thing that has stood out to me is how consistent these 5 lps are in sound quality. ( "Out Of Our Heads", US has more pronounced bass, haven't listened to the UK yet.) This is kind of unusual in my listening experience. Compared to the Beatles Mono box which wasn't as consistent, album to album. I find the detail, the ambient retrieval, and the bass overall to be very good. What bothers me is I feel it is recorded too hot as well as I feel the overall sound seems somewhat very slightly artificial. ( I never felt this way listening to the Beatles Mono box). These last two issues may have to do with the re-mastering chain. It may be the quality of the mics, the recording venue, etc...I don't know. I don't have the originals to compare. There is the dimensional character of the soundstage that is very nice as was the Beatles. The vinyl itself is super quiet but I see that a few of these will need to be flattened. So far, there isn't an pressed "off-center" issue.
astro58go
Geoffkait, I no longer own a vinyl copy of Sticky Fingers (I think mine was stolen in '75) so I compared standard issue CD's --I felt it wouldn't be fair to used the remastered Abbey Road or to compare CD to LP. 
In order to hopefully draw out more interest from any who have heard it, I moved to "Let It Bleed".

This one sounds very, very good! It has the punch, the weight, the complete package. The intro to "Monkey Man" is somewhat confusing. The piano keys, while clear and present, don't integrate pefectly with the midbass-bass region which sounds pretty convincing. (I may be splitting hairs here but something isn't quite natural). However, it is enjoyable if you aren't into evaluation mode. The midrange through bass is the most natural and complete sounding thus far.

"You Can't Always Get What You Want", has real energy. Similar to "MM", it does draw you in. The whole lp is very nice in spite of a few inconsistencies.

Overall, I would pick this version for listening pleasure to my DSD stereo lp. Still haven't listened with my mono cart.
jafant, I was hoping you could comment on your cd/sacd experiences as they relate to my posts here.
qdrone,

"well they used digital in the mix, which is why I past on the set".... "Ho Hum".

If you have ever tried to just bring in a conversation on a compilation for those that knew ahead of time, your "statement", I would think that you would want those that had previously bought the set to just post their opinions in order to have a discussion. What purpose did your statement serve to this thread or the community?

Good Day astro58go-

it is good to see you, hope you are enjoying the RS set. I own the complete RS catalog on CD from 1986, original pressings. For many, many years this was my main musical source. Then in 2002, upon the SACD revolution,
I own almost all of those titles as well.

Going back to those London/Decca CDs from 1986, to my ears they do not sound bad at all. The SACD versions will open up the clarity, air, space of instruments, better dynamics as well. The SACD version of 12x5 will place you inside Chess studios w/ the boys-scary to be sure.

Much will depend on your system, solid-state vs tubes and overall personal taste, as to the CD or SACD preference. I demand the highest resolution,
microdynamics and macrodynamics, timbre in natural form.

1969 was a thrilling year in the Rock era. The RS killed it w/ 'Let it Bleed'.
IME, everything that they had work towards finally fell into place and the music consuming public was rewarded. No stone was left un-turned (no pun).  Top to bottom, not a bad song/recording on that album. Truly excellent in substance, no filler, no self-indulgent crap neither.

Keep me posted on your continued journey w/ the Mono set.