Reclocking device for the Schiit Gungnir?

Is anybody using a reclocking device at the front-end of the Gungnir Multibit DAC? I have about 150 hours of burn-in on my new Schiit using an ARC CDP as transport with an Oyaide BNC coax cable (also using a Mogami coax).
The imaging and dynamics have really opened up and are outstanding, but it is still presenting a digital edge to the sound. I am comparing this to my previous DAC (Chord QuteEX) which sounded so much like analogue. Is this a case of needing more burn-in time or will adding a reclocker to my transport help the performance?

I would appreciate any comments from those who have a Schiit Multibit. As you know, there is only a 15 day limit to demo this unit.
128x128lowrider57
@skoczylas ,
A lot of the discussion on dacs - particularly schiit - is on specs rather than sound. if the chord spunds better why not stay with it? we all agree specs dont correlate exactly to good sound.
That’s true, but there are so many users praising the sonics of the Schiit, even on this forum, that I wanted to try it.
As for the ChordEX, it was very musical, very analogue, but was too forward in presentation for me. Also lacking in low-end and inner detail. It uses a SMPS wall-wart and it’s recommended to upgrade to a linear PS for optimal performance. To add a new power supply would have made it more expensive than the Schiit.

I love the sumptuous presentation of the Gungnir MB. I need to find the cause of the digital edge I’m hearing. I have good advice from the contributors that it could be the cable format, CD transport, or even my speakers. Or maybe it needs longer burn-in?

Excuse me, only one comment about the Schiits was based on spec. I read the specs long after I really liked them.

However, to your own ears be true! :) If it’s too hard for you it’s too hard.

Based on spec and auditioning I think Schiits are source insensitive. If you find it glaring and hard, it's down stream from them, not up.

Best,

Erik
OK, here’s what I’ve tested so far:
Different transports...both the ARC and NAD CDP’s present a hard edge to the sound. This is not at all what is referred to as "glare," but the music is sounding too bright; i.e., violins have a steel string quality to them and not a natural timbre.

I stopped using the Oyaide BNC coax cable since it is very detailed and am using a Mogami, which previous experience has proven that it sounds very natural, but lacks a tight low-end.

After playing Classical disks, I switched to female rock singers. These are well mastered CDs, but thru the Schiit the vocals are sibilant. Strings on acoustic guitar sound bright, not natural or organic. When I play these disks on the ARC, the vocals have no sibilance and sound very nice. The tweeters on my Gallo speakers reproduce female vocals very well.
The Schiit does create better imaging and a lower noise floor than the dedicated CDP. It sounds wonderful.

I thought that a multi-bit ladder DAC is supposed to interpolate the data on the frequency curve more accurately and smoother than delta-sigma. So why is the analogue stage outputting high frequencies in this form?
Next, I will track down my USB cable. I also have a pair of bookshelf speakers to swap into the system.
Found this review regarding the Wyred 4 Sound Remedy...

I used the Remedy between my Rega Apollo and Schiit Gungnir Multibit. Since the Rega was an older CD player the remedy improved the clock timing before input to the Schiit DAC. With the better input to the DAC the sound improved in all possible ways and continued to improve over time (break-in period).