Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Back to Class -D

I have not heard the newest Primare amp like the one oblgny uses?
I have heard an older Primare and it did sound pretty good in an all Primare system w/ Vienna Acoustics loudspeakers. That was way back in 2006 for reference. 
So far as the Primare A34.2 amplifier goes, I've not found a reason yet to replace it right now. (Indeed I want to return to a Pass Labs but even used pricing has soared recently so...) The Primare is 150 watts into 8ohms and - according to a direct response via email from them - "almost double that" into 4ohms. I believe I paid $3k for it under a year ago which, given its modest power consumption and exemplary build quality is a very fair investment IMHO. Comparatively speaking it leans toward a warmer sonic presentation than my Pass X150.5 did, but that's pretty much true of anything compared to the Pass. (Including my CJ MF200 which I still have and use once in a while for kicks.). Pass, like Thiel, reveals - these speakers are an excellent litmus test for any amp/preamp. 

I believe once you go above my model,  Primare goes to A/B manufacture, and a helluva lot more power to boot.  I also use a Primare A32 phono preamp in my system which has made my vinyl sonics immensely improved.  Wow. I've mentioned that before and it's true. 

On Friday I hooked up my "vintage" Pioneer SX1080 receiver (120 watts into 8 ohms, no info out there as to its 4ohm rating) to my CS3.5's and...damn if it didn't still sound great. Different?  Yes, but impressive how good it sounded being 36 years old. And man does it still look good. 

Basically, I'm willing to try any class of amp. I've had a First Watt M2 class A which led me to the Pass X150.5 class A/B,  etc., etc., and so forth. I read here and rarely elsewhere about such things and then go about a real world listen. I bought my CS3.5's blind - based upon things I've read here and elsewhere - no audition, no friend had a pair...  Curiousity and occasionally viable funds have allowed me to do this. 

Besides, it's a helluva lot easier to swap out components than it is to move these damn things around. Sheesh!

Laughing...
hang in there oblgny. You have to admit that this a fun hobby.
You are a CJ fan like me- I want to demo their new integrated-CA150/ 150SE.  My reference is the 350SS Premiere power amp.