Oppo Sonica DAC Expected this fall

The Absolute Sound issue #267 has an ad on page 25 for the Oppo Sonica DAC due this fall. The DAC uses the ES038PRO 32-bit DAC chip and has many other features.  Control is via the Sonia App for iOS and Android.   The projected list price is $799.  Please see this link:

https://www.oppodigital.com/sonica-dac/

Does anyone have any additional information?
hgeifman
Good looking gear. Oppo always deserves an investigation/audition. Seems like their stuff is a good value.
Hummm, in addition to being a DAC, their website says it is also a high-resolution digital music player, playing from USB, NAS or network. Will be interesting to see what formats it supports. At $799, it could be a great low/mid priced option for a wide audience.
I only heard the Oppo HA-1 driven by a Macbook air. The top end was brittle and glaring.

Not the same type, but the Fiio portables I have listened to have been consistently good, if sometimes a little weak, performers. I needed to add an external amp to my X5.

Best,

Erik
@erik_squires 

I only heard the Oppo HA-1 driven by a Macbook air. The top end was brittle and glaring.

Good to know. Was it via headphone or HiFi?
I took my AKG 7... 12? 721.... damnit.  My orange AKG K headphones. :)

I heard them at the last California Audio Show in SF. The little UFO sold by Blue Coast was MUCH MUCH better, as is the X5. I invited some audiophile friends to come listen, and one happened to have owned the HA-1 and said the same thing.

To your own ears be true!

By the way, love my 103 BD player for features, convenience, cost. When I have my HT setup it's my "processor" and feeds my Halo P7 preamp. It's still hard, relatively, to my Brooklyn DAC, but not nearly as objectionable as the HA-1.  If I could spring the money for a Vanity digital output board and 2 more Brooklyn's I would be in some sort of nirvana.

Best,

Erik