CARY SACD Pro CD skipping Issues

Hi everyone I am curious of anyone having Issues with there Cary Audio SACD 303T Pro Player skipping with CD’s and SACD’s. If so what was wrong with it and what did you have to change out?
128x128jakecanada
You guys I took the matters into my own hands an DIY. opened the cover. Checked the transport, had a bunch of dust bunnies on the laser track, and transport. Cleaned it out and re-lubed the laser track with Vaseline, and solved all of the skipping issue's. Though what type of cleaner would you clean the laser eye with? Also what type of cloth as well?

Way to go Jake ... I'm glad you finally took my advice and cleaned up the guide rails from my earlier post  ... this skipping is a very common problem when the factory lubricant dries up on the laser guide rails ... causing the laser sled to stall and skip  

I've recommended this repair to over a dozen  members on various forums and every one who has tried it was ecstatic with the results and not having to send their expensive  player's out for unnecessary costly  repairs  

As far as cleaning the laser lens itself ... stay away from any solvent that is alcohol based as the alcohol in the solvent will dissolve the glue that holds the laser lens in place and then you "WILL" have to replace the laser assembly  

You can clean the laser lens with a soft brush used to clean camera lens or check with a eye glass or camera center and see if they have a non alcohol based cleaning solvent  

Once again congrats on taking things into your own hands and not jumping out of the basement window 

Redemption is a tremendous motivator

Enter your text ...