New dedicated line & outlets sound worse, not better- HELP!

About 3 weeks ago I installed a new dedicated power line from my breaker box to the outlets for my stereo set-up.  I used 10 gauge Romex, a new breaker in the panel, and also installed two new Porter Port cryo'd outlets.

My system is comprised of the following:
Gallo Strada speakers
M&K MX-80 sub
Parasound A23 amp
Consonance Cyber 222 line stage pre
MHDT Stockholm 2 DAC
Audio Philleo converter & Pure Power module
Clear Day double shotgun speaker cables
Silnote Epirus USB cable
Silnote Morpheus IC from DAC
Audience PowerChord from DAC
spiked maple stands for pre and amp

So my concern is that my system sounded just about perfect prior to the installation of the dedicated line and outlets- very clean, open, and detailed, yet also a musical and relaxed sounding. I figured the new dedicated line and outlets would just bring more of all of the good things I was hearing.

Instead, following it's installation, everything sounds a bit edgy and fatiguing to my ears. Soundstage depth and separation are improved, as well as bandwidth, but I literally cannot listen for more than 30 minutes before I get irritated. The treble seems too aggressive, which I'm very sensitive to. And there seems to be a slight veil over everything- just not as open as before.
Do I need to just be patient with break-in of the line and outlets? I've heard it can take a month or more for things to settle down. What are others experience after installing a new line and/or outlets?
Any insights or possible issues I might have overlooked are much appreciated!
Lincoln
lincnabby
The third time you listen to a good recording you hear more than the first time. After becoming familiar with a piece of music I enjoy it more.

Purely Subjective! 

Now as for burning in an AC receptacle, through experimentation, a person can prove the receptacle burns in over time when a sufficient load is connected to the receptacle.

Have YOU ever actually experimented with burn-in of electrical outlets? Or are you just voicing your opinion?

Hello again everyone!

After roughly a month of burn-in time, my "nearly perfect" sound is back and I dare say a bit improved with the new dedicated line. 

Bass definitely has more slam and texture, background noise was quiet before, but is now completely non-existent. The top-end is very clean, airy and, yet all of the grating fatiguing edge I initially heard has gone away, (thank God!), and definition of horns, cymbals, violins, is smoother, cleaner, and more lifelike, The critical midrange is about the same, though playing with various IC's I can most definitely hear the differences more easily and distinctly. With my Silnote Morpheus ICs connected to the MHDT DAC, vocals are very realistic, yet sweet at the same time-e.g Norah Jones. The soundstage depth, width, and sense of three dimensional space have all noticeably improved too.
Overall, I would say every aspect of my listening experience has been improved. Did my neurons burn-in somewhat too... maybe? But all I know is that at first I could hardly bear listening due to the new Romex and Porter Ports, and now I can hardly bear to stop listening to my tunes. For around $250 in materials and about 5 hours labor, I'd say it was a worthwhile experiment with happy results.

And as some above have suggested, the burn-in may not yet be fully completed. Perhaps I'll update again sometime around Thanksgiving to see if further changes have occurred.
As always YMMV, but I'm now a dedicated line convert.

Skeptics have a right to their opinion, but as for me the proof is all in the ear of the beholder!
Lincoln

Lincnabby,
I'm glad to hear that the new dedicated line, new outlet and added burn in time was a success as many thought that would do the trick.
Enjoy the music...

Well done persevering. Guess the entire system had to be "run in" with the new AC supply. I've had clients report similar things when my licensed electrician upgrades their AC - it takes some time. My bad not mentioning it. Happy listening.

What a great thread - I'm just reading this for the first time. 

There is a wealth of really good information here - and most if not all of it I would agree with. I would love to see you try one of our EQUI=CORE Balanced AC Power Sources on your Front End. From what I can see here one of our E=C 150's and perhaps an IEC Strip like a Wireworld Matrix 2 would really be a nice thing to try. Your Dedicated Line is wonderful - but utilizing Balanced AC Power to your front end can lower noise (further) and really produce a Blacker and more "at ease" sound-stage. 

Of course I'm biased - but I would not be against allowing you to try one of our units and see if I'm not right...

Respectfully yours,

Mark

[email protected]

++1.720.317.9141