Processor upgrade from Integra 9.8?

With arrival of new SOTA TV, will be going from 99% 2-channel to 85%. For 3-d capability, my question is whether to upgrade to Integra DHC-80.3/Onkyo PR-SC5508 or to go higher up the chain. Not sure what, if anything, I will be giving up by purchasing at the $2K price point vs $5K, other than, of course, an extra $3K of expense. Also have an Oppo BDP-95 on the way for Blue-Ray/3D. Will be incorporating front speakers, preamp and amps from 2-channel into the HT system.

Thanks for any help.
fplanner2010
C'mon. What is the Oppo connected to? Directly to the power amp or via a decent analog preamp? If so, that is quite different from going via the 885.

I found that the weakest feature of the 9.8 (885) is the analog in/out, even direct.

Kal
K. Maybe I need to specify my hookup and setup. My apologies:

Parasound power amp 5channel to Onkyo pre outs
5.1 rcas from Oppo to Onkyo
5.1 audio outs from Oppo to 5.1 multichannel ins on Onkyo
Hdmi 1 from Oppo(video only) to Hdmi Onkyo
Onkyo displays Multichannel Direct

Are you saying that I am hearing analogue from the Onkyo and not Oppo?

Regards Bacardi
Of course you are. The input stage of the Onkyo, its volume control circuitry and its output stage. I have no doubt that the 95 analog output is superb but it is constrained by the Onkyo which, in my experience, is not great. With a better prepro or analog preamp, I might use that but with the 885/9.8, I would prefer HDMI.

Kal
I've tried the Hdmi but thought the Multichannel analogue sounded better. What would you suggest for Analogue pre? Someone suggested the Parasound P7 to me awhile back.

Regards Bacardi