Wave Kinetics NVS Reference Turntable Review on Positive Feedback

David Robinson, Positive Feedback Online's Editor-In-Chief, just published about his 5 year experience with the Wave Kinetics NVS Reference Turntable and the Durand Tonearm Telos. It can be read here:

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-d...-essay-review/
jtinn
Thank you for posting.  It is truly a work of art.  I'm surprised you didn't try the Durand record clamp as well.  Just out of curiosity, in all honesty, how many units do you think will sell worldwide over the next five years?  Despite the expense, there are a lot of people who have this money to burn - entertainers, sports figures, foreign businessmen, etc.  But do they buy this kind of stuff?  
Not many. Henry Rollins is one exception, being a customer of Brian Berdan at Audio Elements in Pasadena. His system is comprised of the big Wilson speakers and VTL electronics. I think his table is a VPI with Lyra cartridge.
chayro: At some point in the near future Dr. Robinson will spend some time with the Durand Tonearms record weight and I am sure we will see a review.

The majority of the people buying equipment like this are audio enthusiasts.
No doubt that the combination of these 3 devices must be magnificent to the ear, as it is to the eye.  What was eventually done about the problem of shipping the NVS, what with the fact that the platter still seems to be inseparable from the chassis (just based on reading the referenced review which makes no mention of ever having to mount the platter)?  In the earliest days, there were reports of damaged bearings, caused by predictably rough treatment during shipping.

We originally contacted a very well respected flight case manufacturer and they spec’d a particular model for us to use that proved insufficient for the size and weight of our turntable. We had two tables, very early on, with bearings that were damaged due to shipping. That was quickly remedied with a highly engineered shipping crate and there have been zero problems since including many world wide shipments.