Music Server

I am looking for a reliable and easy to use music server with a very good interface software package.  I have about 4,500 CDs, the majority classical, so I am looking for something that does a good job at cataloguing the content.  I currently run a Naim NDS/Uniti server.  I think the software is adequate, but, I have FAR too many bugs and problems keeping it working correctly.  Enough is enough.  I would like something that is much more stable and reliable that is designed to handle a decent sized collection. 

I did some quick research and found the Antipodes server.  It seems to have the ability to run a number of different software packages (comes with Roon pre-loaded) and it has built-in capability to rip CDs, both of which are a big plus, but, I am a bit concerned about whether it might be a bit complicated to use.  I have also taken a quick look at the Aurender servers.  I have a good local dealer who is a computer whiz that carries the Aurender so that is a big plus.  Another big plus would be something that could take what I have already loaded on my QNAP NAS and work with that so I don't have to re-load, edit metadata, etc. all 4,500 CDs again.

Are there any other top end servers that I should be looking at?  Also, any suggestions on a DAC to couple with the server?

Thanks.

larryi
Agree with everything @russbutton has said.  However, the one point missing here, is the fact that a vast majority of the population is either not able to, or has zero interest in setting up and maintaining their own music server. 

The reason people pay $7k for something which can be thrown together for considerably less, is because they are paying for that expertise. You and I, and many others have the know-how. But we're not the majority. Others without the expertise, or the time, or the inclination prefer a simple, reliable, supported, and working solution. And they are willing to pay.

So yes @russbutton ... you may well be in the wrong business! :)

Last comment.  Though I'm a total Linux-head, if you're willing to live with a Windows machine, both JRiver ($50) and Banshee (free) run on that platform as well.  And truth be told, Windows Media Player isn't bad either.  If you know enough of how to use a web browser, read this forum and post here, you should be competent enough to set up a laptop with any of these applications.  

Just sayin'...
I was in a very similar position to yours earlier this year. I had a Naim NDX, Naim Dac, Naim 555ps on both the NDX and the Dac. I loved Naim for a really long time. When I finally decided to move on from Naim amplifiers I kept the digital front end for a couple of reasons, but most of which is that I invested so much that I could not justify giving it all away. The time did come where it made sense and I found a buyer for the digital items. I decided to be more flexible in the front end. At this point I moved to Boulder electronics so I was more open to options. I decided on the Aurender X100L. I very nearly chose the N20. It sounded great, but I had a hard time justifying the additional cost know that in a few years I will have to assess upgrading again. I probably overspent on the dac, but I love it and I was convinced that it could be upgraded. 

The Aurender has been fantastic. 
Have a look at the Playback design Server and DAC, I compared them to MSB, Bryston, Aurender and to me it sounds cleaner, musical and engaging.