Is the Maestro AC outlet basically a cryo'd Cooper BR20 found at Lowes for $3.47?

Quote from an AA member regarding the Maestro AC outlet. 

Image: Cooper BR20 AC Outlet

I think it’s safe to assume the Maestro AC outlet is a Cooper brand product that’s essentially the same or similar to the Cooper BR20 Commercial Grade AC outlet available at Lowe’s for $3.47. If so, the Maestro AC outlet is nothing more than an ordinary hardware store product that’s been cryo’d and treated with a sweet smelling, sticky substance (snake oil?). Perhaps this unknown coating is what can supposedly make a $3.47 AC outlet sound superior to a Furutech or Oyaide product. Sorry for the snarky commentary, but this type of thing can affect the reputation of bonafide Audio Grade AC products. I’m sure you will fully enjoy the new Furutech GTX-D(R) AC outlet, bcowen!

See link:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/20/202332.html

//

Here is the full Tweakers Asylum thread.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/tweaks/messages/20/202315.html

jea48
Looks they are still viable to me.
http://www.cruzefirstaudio.com/maestro_outlet.htm
Duster on AA generally does his research and their website does nothing to make me think this is other than a readily available mass-produced outlet without plating that they cryo, coat and somehow "break-in.
I have owned Acme, which are nothing special either, except for silver plating but the late Bob Crump (RIP) endorsed them.
On Saturday, I received a Furutech GTX-D(R) and even compared to the highly regarded (Hubbell HBL5362) Porter Port outlets I use, the Furutech outlet is built like a tank.

mitch2,
Can you please share your comparison of the Furutech vs Porter Port?
I too would like to hear Mitch's thoughts as well on the Furutech GTX-D(R) vs. the Hubbell HBL5362 Porter Ports. I have Porter Ports everywhere in my systems. I just can't picture an outlet at more than 3 times the price outperforming the Porter Ports.
I have been using Furutech for years now before they became 'force' in United States. I started with Hubbell outlets, then switched to FPX (G) and finally to GTX-D (R) on all of my wall outlets, power conditioners and FI-28(R) on my power cords. IMO, every tweak has a cumulative effects on the sound.  The overall synergy of outlets with plugs is simply outstanding.  

I was able to achieve ultra smooth vocals at higher volume, better dynamics, tighter base and excellent tonal balance with Furutech's in my rig. 

I agree it's a expensive upgrade but guys it's worth every penny. The outlets and plugs build quality is phenomenal. 

I won't be trading up to NCF for a good while. 
I just received the Furutech GTX-D(R) on Saturday and have not had time to install it yet.  After I do, I will come back and post my impressions.  I have to agree with lalitk,
The outlets and plugs build quality is phenomenal.
I use their plugs, rca and xlr connectors on cables I make and the build quality of the connectors is excellent.  The build quality of their wire is also very good as I have used their bulk IC, speaker and PC wire.  I have been very happy with the Porter Ports but I was able to purchase the  GTX-D(R) as a "new, open box" item at a very good price so I thought I would see what all the fuss is about.