Should I upgrade to the Theta casablanca III HD

I have had a CB3 for several years as the initial hub of a newbie high end system. I was told it was the best pre/pro for audio. I have since moved on to a proper preamp and use unity gain through it for theater applications. I don't watch movies often, but when I do I want them to sound and look first rate. On the flip side, I am not criticizing black levels, etc. I have been waiting patiently and have finally come up in line for the upgrade to the CB3 to have it converted to HDMI so I can get BluRay and I assume better sound. However, the upgrade price is nearly $7000. I'm starting to wonder if I should buy a prepro in the $7000 range (anthem D2V, Arcam av888) and sell the Theta. Or even invest in another contender even if it is more expensive. The Theta may sound good, but doesn't have room correction (I have a highly treated room that sounds pretty good anyway). I ultimately wonder how much difference I will notice using a prepro for movies only. I need to make a decision on this fairly quickly. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Current system Wilson Alexandria 2, Wilson center, Boulder 2010 pre, Boulder 2060 amp, a pair of JL
bflowers
If you already own the cards the upgrade is a no brainer. I had the same two cards, but also a Marantz ud9004 and a six shooter, so I decided to stick with MCH analog and sold my Xtreme card. If you do not have a sunk investment in an analog signal path, get the upgrade. All CBIII HD users will testify their processor will blow the 7-10K alternatives out of the water.
Just checked your system. You got to be kidding me. The upgrade will set you back 20% of the price of your speaker cables, and take all your multi channel material up three notches. Whoever quoted you $7,000 (list price $5,000) for the upgrade probably checked your system as well....
Got the upgraded Theta installed last week mated with an Oppo BDP-95 running HDMI. All I can say is that if there is something better than this I'd like to hear it. I'm floored by the quality of the audio. Absolutely ridiculously good! The difference between Dolby 5.1 and 7.1 Tru HD is glaringly apparent. Love the unit thus far. I wonder what it will sound like when it's broken in and optimally calibrated!!
Told you!

The level of realism offered from the new codecs of Blu-ray are insane on a good system! Hell they even sound better on a mid-grade system!