Songs Faber Olympica III

Just got a pair of these speakers. I’ll be setting them up tonight. Hoping that I can benefit from the accumulated wisdom here...

Any tips from current owners? Setup, positioning, burn-in (although mine were previously owned, so burn-in shouldn’t be an issue), spikes versus no spikes (mine are on hardwood floors in the basement, meaning there's a concrete slab underneath), etc.

(I do know that I have the choice of positioning them so that the ports will either face outward or inward, and I glean from reviews that I should try it both ways to see what sounds best in my room.)

Any tips are greatly appreciated.
chipcarterdc
Thanks for all your responses!

Dealer is sending me the shorter spikes.

Starting to form solid impressions now after a few days. Really enjoying them. I’ve noticed that i do need to have the volume a tad higher than I usually do for them to really sing. At low levels, they sound quite good but pretty laid back/a bit too "polite". Just a slight volume increase really brings them to life. And no, not just because they’re louder: everything improves (width and depth of soundstage, separation of the instruments, realism of the vocals, etc.)
Being to polite I believe could be a system dependent thing. While listening at low volume settings with my III’s everything I hear at a louder volume’s is also there at lower volumes...just not as loud of course. Low loudness levels for me, at least, are just plain superb with the musical spectrum refined and preserved. Sonus faber claims a sensitivity of 90db/w/m but I believe it is closer to 87db/w/m from a review I read. Combine that with an average Impedance of 3 ohms( dipping to 1.7) and it’s easy to see they like a bit of juice to get them going...