Equipment Rack

Does it make sense to spend several thousands of dollars on a equipment rack, if Stillpoints are used under every component?
ricred1
ps for those with good memories Machina Dynamica spring based platforms were highly desirable and much sought after back in the day on Vinyl Asylum, I’m sorry I did not get the chance to acquire one when they were available
You can always redeem the loss by snagging a teleportation tweak:  http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina60.htm
LIGO this the most sensitive physics experiment in history! the gravity waves which it detected finally last year had amplitude the diameter of a neutron. If LIGO uses springs as opposed to some cones or spikes or other coupling devices then springs are require to achieve the experiment objectives.
And the relevance of that in regards to audio is what?  We are not measuring things but propagating energy.  Again, a spring for a violin endpin?  I think not.  What have you actually measured in regards to your products and their performance or is it all quantum divination?
agear
1,129 posts
09-15-2016 11:35pm
Geoffkait: LIGO this the most sensitive physics experiment in history! the gravity waves which it detected finally last year had amplitude the diameter of a neutron. If LIGO uses springs as opposed to some cones or spikes or other coupling devices then springs are require to achieve the experiment objectives.

To which agear responded,

"And the relevance of that in regards to audio is what? We are not measuring things but propagating energy. Again, a spring for a violin endpin? I think not. What have you actually measured in regards to your products and their performance or is it all quantum divination?"

the relevance to audio is that seismic vibration must be addressed in order to eliminate or attenuate external low frequency vibration where electrical and or optical components are involved, as they are in both LIGO and audio systems. For CD the nano nature of the data requires the laser beam to be relatively unaffected by low frequency vibration for optimum performance. One need look no further than turntable platters and tonearms and cartidges appreciate that low frequency seismic type vibration can excite the resonant frequencies of those items, resonant frequencies are circa 10 to 14 Hz, well below the frequencies of any vibration produced by the component or by acoustic waves. Follow?

I never suggested a spring for a violin endpin. Try to keep up with the discussion. It is very easy to calculate the effectiveness of isolation devices and you can find the resonant frequency manually for spring based devices. The effectiveness of a particular device depends on how well set up the device is, as I have already pointed out optimum performance depends on how the component is interfaced to the top plate and how the device itself is supported on the floor or table. Why audio magazines never measure the performance of iso devices is a good question as it’s not rocket science. There is no requirement for me personally to measure anything.

geoff kait
machina dynamica
no goats no glory
agear
1,129 posts
09-15-2016 11:09pm
ps for those with good memories Machina Dynamica spring based platforms were highly desirable and much sought after back in the day on Vinyl Asylum, I’m sorry I did not get the chance to acquire one when they were available
You can always redeem the loss by snagging a teleportation tweak: http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina60.htm

Thanks for posting the link. I'm giving serious consideration to promoting you to associate shill.

Post removed