Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
Hi Barbapapa, 
I do not doubt your preference for the Audio Magic Beeswax fuse,  taste and variables determine choice. There's an ongoing thread about a product called the Holo Audio Spring DAC which is an interesting R2R configured converter. A good friend of mine has ordered one.

He told me that they are very enthusiastic about the Audio Horizon Platinum fuse.  They apparently have tried the SR Black and the Beeswax and they believe the AH Platinum is better in their DAC. So as expected preferences and opinions will vary. P.S . Audio also advocates premium fuses for their components but not a specific brand/model of fuse. 

I believe any of the three fuses are quite worthy upgrades for all good quality audio systems. I happened to have chosen the SR Black but I'd likely be very pleased with these other premium fuses. 
Charles,

So, again, there is no attempt at a reasonable explanation of how or why  a half inch of fuse wire in a tiny glass case packed with graphite or beeswax can get all that mojo going…the lack of even a weak attempt at addressing this mystery, and considering anybody who stands for reason (except Almarg, who gets a pass…deservedly) a troll is an apt response among the Believers who seem to simply not care about the technology, but don't hesitate to toss piles of money at it based on faith…it's all sort of adorable…like scared sheep huddled against a frightening passing cloud of reason.  
Well Wolf, I can’t help but think that you comparing `Believers' to scared sheep is akin at this point to crying `wolf’ one too many times. I have absolutely no dog in this fight, haven’t touched a fuse in my equipment for years, but your continued railing against the subjective experience of posters here is getting a bit tedious at this point. Let it go, dude, you can’t save everyone, even as religion has proved time and again. If I were to only realize contentment based upon knowing why/how everything in this crazy world ticks, then anxiety would be constant……..and I, for one, don’t mind a little mystery in life. Give it a try sometime, you may like it.
charles1dad:

The Holo Audio Spring DAC is certainly generating a lot of interest. I think it is exciting they they have auditioned a number of fuses with their DAC.

My 300 B amp is sounding very athletic with the Sophia Princess Carbon Plate tubes versus the more ethereal - smoother Psvane WE tubes. I will soon be auditioning the newest Sophia Blue glass tubes. It really is exciting to have so many good choices to achieve that special sound so many of us seek.

David Pritchard
Post removed