Projector question

I want to install a projector in our "media" room and get rid of the plasma tv. It would be used almost exclusively for movies. Maybe a little gaming and a little watching sports. Here's the thing, I know nothing about projectors. Budget of $1200-$1500. Do I want LCD, DLP, screen, painted "screen", etc?

Thanks
ecruz
I second the Panasonic 4000 - great colors and black contrast levels - way better than an LCD flat TV (frankly these are awful and I'd recommend a plasma if you go flat screen)
I bought the Epson 8350 a few months back to replace my old Infocus X-1 projector....I'm very happy with the Epson.

I paid $1,199 for mine. (Visual Apex....an online dealer)

You do need to do some reading at the sites mentioned above before you buy, because the projector you buy "must" fit your needs for "your" room.

I use my projector for DVD movies, wii games, sports, and netflix streaming.

Dave
I don't understand the comment to go with a 70" at 4k. A projector and screen can be had easily for less than 4k. I got a jvc hd250 and a screen for less than 3k and there are far more choices out there. IMO if you don't think it can be done for less than 6k you haven't spent time with them or seen some of the offerings out there.

Epson and panasonic are very nice at their price points. Also your too
And external light will make a difference in how well it will look.
I third the Panasonic AE4000. It was my second projector after my Infocus 4800 went down. I bought it when it first came out and it has not let me down since.
For $1500 you can pick up a refurb Benq w6000 or a Mitsubishi hc4000 for a $1000. The Epson is nice..The Benq throws a better image.